Aftermath Services Field Technician - Houston, TX in Houston, Texas
Aftermath Services LLC, the nation's leader in biohazard management, is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Biohazard Remediation Technician to perform crime and trauma scene cleanup and decontamination in the Houston, Texas area. For the past 18 years, Aftermath has helped set the standard in the biohazard industry, striving to provide the highest quality of service while always treating our customers with compassion and dignity.
We are seeking positive, hardworking candidates who desire to advance within our rapidly growing company. The successful candidate will be a compassionate and strong-willed individual equipped to handle highly sensitive and emotional situations on a daily basis, frequently involving interactions with families who have experienced the loss of a loved one. This individual must be a motivated self-starter who works well independently with little to no supervision, but who thrives in a team environment.
Do you enjoy helping people? Do you take pride in your work? If you have the will and the desire, we will give you the training and the tools to succeed in this challenging and rewarding profession. If you believe you have what it takes, please follow the directions below to apply today.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States
- Must reside locally and be able to respond to the dispatch office within a reasonable time after receiving a service call
- Valid driver's license required
- Criminal and motor vehicle background check required: results must meet company hiring guidelines
- Must successfully pass a drug screen and fitness for duty medical evaluation
- Extensive travel required, including out-of-state travel, possibly for up to 3 - 7 days at a time
- Must be able to communicate effectively with people of all backgrounds
- Must project a professional demeanor and appearance
- Familiarity with technology and the ability to use a laptop computer required
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel), Microsoft Streets & Trips and Adobe PDF forms desirable
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Trade school or similar training desirable
- Restoration, construction, carpentry, electrical, HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, mold abatement, water/fire restoration, sales, law enforcement, firefighting, military, EMT, nursing, medical, bloodbourne pathogen, hazardous materials, HAZWOPER, or comparable experience desirable
- This is a physically demanding position that requires the candidate to be in good physical condition. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use their hands, reach, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. The employee may also be required to lift or move heavy furniture and objects. The employee is required to perform these duties while wearing full PPE (personal protective equipment) to include full face respirators and fully encapsulating, semi-impermeable suits, which requires endurance at high temperatures.
- In this position, you will be responsible for cleaning up blood and bodily fluids following homicides, suicides, unattended deaths and accidents, as well as performing tear gas remediation and hoarding cleanup.
- The positon may include driving company vehicles to job sites. Service calls may occur at any time; however, rotations and time off benefits are available to accomodate work/life balance.
- On-Site Remediation Work Pay: $18 - 22 per hour
- Drive time and administrative time: $10 per hour
- Overtime available
- Holiday pay available
- Potential advancement opportunities available after six (6) month probationary period
- Medical and dental insurance available after 90 days of service
- 401(k) available after one (1) year of service
Keyword: Field Technician
From: Aftermath Services