Invesco Fund Accountant I in Houston, Texas
Invesco Ltd. is a leading independent global investment management firm, dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, Invesco provides a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the world. Operating in more than 20 countries, the firm is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol IVZ.
Job Purpose (Job Summary): Under immediate supervision, calculates and analyzes all financial data relating to an assigned group of mutual funds. This includes the reconciliation and preparation of various workpapers and financial reports.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Calculates daily net asset values (“NAVs” and distribution rates for the mutual funds-including multiple classes).
- Transmits this information to NASDAQ and other required users.
- Analyzes all factors which may impact the NAV and escalates issues as appropriate.
- Maintains the funds’ books and records, including reconciling all general ledger accounts.
- Works to resolve issues relating to the funds with the appropriate parties.
- Performs research and analysis on cash discrepancies and dividend and interest income accrual/collection.
- Prepares work papers and related schedules for annual and semi-annual shareholder reports and annual audits in accordance with SEC and GAAP requirements.
- Works with the external auditors in answering Fund questions.
- Calculates the funds’ monthly SEC yields including analysis of changes from previous month.
- Assists in special projects for Fund Accounting as assigned.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Previous accounting experience is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is preferred.
- Aptitude for learning new systems a plus.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a variety of individuals are required.
- Fundamental understanding of accounting and financial principles as it applies to accounting entries, general ledger maintenance, recurring account reconciliations, and financial reporting.
- Ability to quickly learn unfamiliar concepts in a fast-paced environment (e.g. candidate will be required to develop a complete knowledge of multiple class accounting, and knowledge of a variety of investment vehicles).
- Investment vehicles can include, options, futures, swaps, currency contracts, bonds, mortgage-backed securities, and equities for both domestic and foreign investments.
- Thorough understanding of internal control procedures.
- Analytical skills to solve fundamental accounting issues and have the ability to review detailed financial data.
- Ability to organize work and multi-task on projects/fund assignments efficiently and effectively to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge to utilize computer equipment and software, specifically spreadsheet applications and mutual fund accounting systems.
- The ability to cooperate in a team environment is critical.
Formal Education:(minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- A Bachelor’s degree is required (Accounting preferred) or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would provide the knowledge, skills and ability.
License/Registration/Certification:(minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Designation as a Certified Public Accountant is a plus.
FLSA (US Only):Nonexempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time. Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Job: Fund Administration
Primary Location: North America-United States-Texas-Houston-11 Greenway Plaza
Req ID: 18239