RailWorks Heavy Equipment Operator in Houston, Texas
Heavy Equipment Operator
REQUISITION NUMBER: 20150410-52501-001
HOME COMPANY: Track Systems - South
COMPANY LOCATION: Track Systems - Houston, TX
BUSINESS UNIT/DEPT: OPERATIONS
JOB LOCATION: Houston, TX
Operates one or several types of power construction equipment to excavate, move, and grade earth, or to move construction materials and other heavy materials at construction sites
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Sets up heavy construction equipment.
• Operates equipment to grade or redistribute earth.
• Operates equipment to move, load, or unload material.
• Installs equipment or attachments on machinery or related structures.
• Signals directions or warnings to coworkers.
• Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures.
• Performs equipment safety and maintenance checks.
• Coordinates machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew members.
• Locates underground services, such as pipes and wires, prior to beginning work.
• Repairs and maintains equipment, making emergency adjustments as necessary.
• Takes actions to avoid potential hazards and obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, and falling objects.
• Studies instructions, plans, and diagrams to establish work requirements.
• Keeps records of material and equipment usage and problems encountered.
• Pushes other equipment when extra traction or assistance is required.Required Skills and Qualifications
• A minimum of one year experience operating heavy equipment in a construction environment.
• *A valid Commercial Driver’s License and a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Driving Record.
• Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety requirements and procedures.
• Ability to read and understand construction specifications.• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Works at construction sites.
• Uses hands to handle and control materials, tools and vehicle controls.
• Sits for long periods of time in a closed vehicle.
• Uses repetitive motions.
• Uses close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
• Moves or lifts heavy equipment and objects up to 50 pounds.
• Uses eye-hand-foot coordination.
• Exposed to moving mechanical parts.
• Exposed to harsh weather conditions including very hot and very cold weather.
• Exposed to loud noise.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Disabled)