Centene Corporation Insurance Verification Coordinator I in Houston, Texas
Position Purpose: Obtain and verify complete insurance information, including the prior authorization process, copay assistance and coordination of benefits
- Obtain and verify insurance eligibility for services provided and document complete information in system
- Perform prior authorizations as required by payor source, including procurement of needed documentation by collaborating with physician offices and insurance companies
- Collect any clinical information such as lab values, diagnosis codes, etc.
- Determine patient s financial responsibilities as stated by insurance
- Configure coordination of benefits information on every referral
- Ensure assignment of benefits are obtained and on file for Medicare claims
- Bill insurance companies for therapies provided
- Document all pertinent communication with patient, physician, insurance company as it may relate to collection procedures
- Identify and coordinate patient resources as it pertains to reimbursement, such as copay cards, third party assistance programs, and manufacturer assistance programs
- Handle inbound calls from patients, physician offices, and/or insurance companies
- Resolve claim rejections for eligibility, coverage, and other issues
Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent. 1 years of medical billing or insurance verification experience. Experience with payors and prior authorization requirements. Strong customer service skills.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job: Health Insurance Operations
Organization: AcariaHealth Pharmacy
Requisition ID: 1040560