AIG Intelligence Specialist (Europe/Americas) in Houston, Texas
Intelligence Specialist (Europe/Americas)
- Job ID #:
- Functional Area:
- Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
- Employment Type:
Full Time - Permanent
- Education Preferred:
Bachelors Degree (or equivalent)
- Relocation Provided:
Share via Networks
Refer a Friend
Apply with LinkedIn
The Intelligence Analyst works in the 24/7/365 Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) and provides support for daily operations as necessary. GSOC analysts must have a well-rounded security background with strong writing and analytical skills. Analysts must have excellent research and global monitoring capabilities, an intuitive understanding of international security ramifications as well as strong communication abilities to adequately convey such information. Clear writing and oral communications skills are a necessity as is an in-depth, academic understanding of geo-political developments. Analysts with additional specializations in the security industry are particularly pertinent. Global travel and multi-cultural/linguistic backgrounds are preferred.
SUPPORT – provision of support to provide Intelligence products and services
• The Intelligence Analyst will gather, analyze and disseminate intelligence information and relevant GSOC products as tasked. • Analysts will develop regional expertise, discerning social and political developments and patterns to provide an accurate understanding of present and future threats, risks and security assessments. • Report developments and contribute information to various products, including active monitoring services, daily Global News Watch newsletter, customized reports, security-related notifications and the Assistance website. • Ensure country threat ratings documents and website references reflect accurate threat and risk levels for region of responsibility; collaborate with co-analysts to review and determine appropriate ratings and notify leadership of developments/trends that may warrant rating revisions. • Brief clients, internal stakeholders and/or leadership on regional developments as necessary. • Meet deadlines and maintain consistency with updating schedule for various products and services; proactively seek out new information to include in products. • Monitor group inbox; ensure all emails are acknowledged and actioned. • Carry out special projects as tasked by supervisors.
ENGAGE - Assist with Security Intelligence Product development
• Identify potential hotspots around the world that may pose a security threat to customers and direct priority briefings as such. • Interact with account managers, assistance centers, leadership, medical team and/or other internal stakeholders to ensure product integrity and education. • To be proactive during operations or crisis response to provide intelligence to support operations as well as to ensure that operations tracking systems are up to date during a crisis or event. • Support operations division as necessary, including but not limited to briefing internal/external parties on developing situations, maintaining contact with security vendors and arranging operational services when needed. • Analysts may oversee division projects as directed by supervisors, especially projects related to report content/website management, etc. This includes overseeing the creation of tracking documents and ensuring deadlines are met among the analytical team. • Update internal tracking documents (Product Tracker) and content management systems accordingly. Document all notes and correspondence connected to cases in Liberty system. • May involve interaction with legal, marketing and compliance divisions to ensure compliance to AIG standards and policies. • Respond to phone calls to the GSOC loop line; provide excellent customer service when dealing with clients.
DEVELOP - Enhance Products and Services – development of products through knowledge of the region and unique requirements in the region.
• Maintain knowledge of global developments so as to ensure pertinent developments are covered; contribute ideas for refinement of existing products or creation of new products to meet demands. • Perform research and provide content updates for the Assistance site. • Proactively reach out and notify various Assistance centers, Security Mangers when pertinent developments arise; maintain close contact and collaboration with NY GSOC. • Maintain strong open-source research abilities as well as develop and define alternate methods
This role involves interaction with the AIG Global Security Operations Centers, Regional Security Teams, AIG Travel medical and operations teams, and other AIG Travel worldwide claims operations. The GSOC is a 24/7/365 operation, and all analysts work various shifts to ensure coverage during nights, weekends and holiday hours.
Internal: AIG Global Security Team and other AIG Travel Assistance Centers.
External: Key customers and distributors, security providers, security intelligence network. for obtaining relevant information to support GSOC intelligence operations.
• Bachelor's degree required; Bachelor’s Degree in History, Political Science, International Studies or related field preferred. • At least 3-5 years of experience in a strong writing/editing role or working in an environment where proofing skills are utilized. • Excellent reading and writing abilities; strong attention to detail and consistent, thorough grammatical knowledge is crucial. Very strong and thorough knowledge of either MLA or APA writing style. • Extensive knowledge and understanding of current global geo-political activity, threat conditions, and government structures. • Must have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; experience in Adobe Photoshop is a plus. • Able to work with limited supervision and resources - must have a ‘can do’ attitude. • Must be able to work on a shift rotation to include evenings, overnights, weekends, holidays, etc. • Well-developed communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. JJob Challenges:
- Ability to learn quickly and be a self-starter, able to complete writing and other assignments with little guidance or oversight. Clear and concise writing skills are also critical. - Ability to take new direction from superiors and incorporate processes into work. - The ability to quickly edit written work for clarity and readability is important. - Attention to detail and consistent, thorough grammatical knowledge is crucial. - To be flexible to undertake a variety of security related projects and issues. - Work across multiple time zones; shift work is necessary in a 24/7/365 environment. - Ability to work with time sensitive and confidential information. - Knowledge of intelligence analysis processes and intel writing familiarity preferred. - Knowledge of global news developments, history, geography and/or security industry will be necessary.
- The job holder may be required to undertake travel. - In addition to normal office hours, the job holder will need to be flexible to work outside of core office hours e.g. during operational support activities, conference calls with people in countries on other time zones or run with major security events as they develop.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today we provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, mortgage insurance and other financial services to customers in more than 100 countries and jurisdictions. Our diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at www.aig.com/talentnetwork. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and www.aig.com/strategyupdate |