IHS Global Inc. Manager, Natural Gas and NGL Analysis in Houston, Texas
OPIS, an IHS Markit company, is a thriving energy pricing, news and software provider. We provide transparency through educational courses, software tools, real-time news and pricing services, and market-specific benchmark pricing reports that enable our customers to make smarter, more informed decisions. When you work at OPIS, you'll enjoy a casual environment where jeans are welcome and fun is part of our mission. You will work for a company that is customer-focused and your work will benefit our customers from just about your first day on the job. We offer competitive salaries; a full benefits package, and an opportunity to grow both your salary and responsibilities while utilizing the latest technologies.
Research & Analysis Manager
The Manager, Natural Gas and Natural Gas Liquids Analysis works on a team responsible for researching, analyzing and managing data, interpretation of current issues and producing original, high quality insight into future trends that could affect industry stakeholders and other PointLogic and IHS Markit clients. In this role, the Manager, Analysis is recognized as an expert in their specific area and independently shares their focus and expertise with clients. In addition, the Manager, Analysis/Research identifies and articulates essential issues within complex problems and delivers insight and solutions. As a leader, the Manager, Analysis may independently guide others in performing same-day analysis or authoring written analysis for peer review.
Responsible for researching, analyzing and managing Natural Gas and Natural Gas Liquids data, interpretation of current issues, and generating and communicating original, high quality insight into future trends that could affect stakeholders in industries, and other types of IHS clients.
May be responsible for one or more aspects of data research, analysis and management, creation of data, forecasts, insights, or guidance to clients on strategic direction:
Research/analyze and manage data relevant to the industry
Create and use quantitative and analytical tools
Evaluate potential, risk, & opportunity of shifts in the industry landscape
Communicate subject matter expertise to clients and colleagues verbally and in written form
Identify and build personal and professional relationships in the applicable industry sectors that advance our research and business objectives
• May have management responsibility for junior-level colleagues
• With guidance from upper level management as needed, recommends courses of action related to staffing and compensation admin, performance management, colleague development, engagement and retention for direct team
• Through knowledge and experience, has achieved external recognition as expert, generally in their specific area
• Independently interacts with clients on areas of focus and expertise
• Challenges existing analytical framework
• Understands and copes with ambiguity and contradiction
• Can identify and articulate core/essential issues within complex problems, and deliver insights and solutions.
• Influences decisions within own unit
• Acts as a change agent within own team or activity
• Has direct accountability for client relationships and the quality and quantity of own output and possibly that of a small team; May be accountable for elements of the revenue stream
• Develops, motivates and mentors staff within own area.
• Develops a thorough understanding of the IHS business model.
• Manages and delivers mid- scale/moderate complexity consulting projects.
• May independently perform and guide others in performing same-day analysis or author written analysis for peer review.
Knowledge and Skills
• Demonstrates advanced knowledge of specific discipline/ function and/or has primary responsibility for modeling and analytics for a specific discipline/function
• Demonstrates ability to effectively manage small to medium sized projects of moderate complexity
• Strong knowledge of MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); experience with databases highly preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent presentation skills and ability to influence at the management level.
• Organization skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• Minimum of 8 years of directly related experience required
Education and Certifications
• University degree (Bachelors or equivalent) in Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Geoscience or related field.
• Graduate degree desirable.
About IHS Markit
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disability/Veterans. View the “EEO is the law poster here at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf .
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing.
IHS Markit endeavors to make our career sites accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact HRServices@ihs.com or call 303-858-6891. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for accommodation requests only. Unfortunately we are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the email address above.
Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.