Phillips 66 Midstream Market Analyst, NGL in Houston, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Midstream Natural Gas Liquids (NGL) Market Analyst position is an excellent development role to gain Midstream experience with frequent interactions with the value chain growth drivers for the PSX Midstream business. This position will be responsible for developing the long term view of natural gas liquids markets. This will include analyzing fundamental supply and demand data, drilling and rig count data, monthly production, LPG exports, product prices (basis/premiums), regional spreads, forward curves, seasonality analysis, and macroeconomic variables. The position will also partner with the Natural Gas and Petrochemical analysts to develop and integrated value chain from wellhead to end user.
Responsibilities may include:
- Developing, implementing and maintaining tools and processes to gather, interpret, and model information for use in strategic planning, fundamental forecast activities, and market trend analysis.
- Participating in developing 10 yr forward price view of NGLs for key stakeholders to plan against
- Maintaining NGL tracking platform for new and existing production and infrastructure projects
- Analyzing natural gas liquids industry data value chain to develop forecasts, identify key takeaways of the analysis, and communicate the findings and conclusions clearly and concisely verbally and in written memos and PowerPoint reports.
- Developing research on international markets for NGLs and LPGs and the impact of global trade dynamics on US fundamentals
- Creating quarterly fundamental snapshot reports for respective regional markets or commodity products to the greater team and management.
- Identifying market gaps, business opportunities based on fundamental analysis.
- Interactions with energy market consulting companies to obtain up-to-date information and analysis and to guide the direction of their research and service offerings.
- Developing and enhancing forecasting models for NGL product demand, supply, capacity, trade, costs, margins, and prices using a consistent, organized and accurate approach.
- Providing ad hoc analysis and market data for corporate senior management and Midstream business unit management.
- Performing various sensitivity and scenario analyses.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 or more years of experience in an aspect of the energy value chain
- 1 or more years of experience in natural gas or natural gas liquids
- Proficient analytical and problem solving skills to support business focused analyses and decisions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Finance or Statistics
- 3 or more years of experience in the commercial NGL markets
- Experience in statistical modeling
- Advanced Excel modeling skills
- High degree of ethics, personal drive and dedication to achieve team goals and objectives
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,000 employees committed to safety and operating excellence.Phillips 66 had $50 billion of assets as of June 30, 2016. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of October 28, 2016 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 31721
Location: United States - Texas - Houston
Job Field: Trading