Cigna Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant (Part time 24 hour, no benefits) Houston TX in Houston, Texas
Cigna Onsite Health offers a different way to practice medicine for providers. Our providers work independently onsite at our employer clients, and provide quality care to their employees in support of evidence-based medicine guidelines, in a corporate setting, with no weekends or “on-call” hours. Paperwork and administrative work is limited so our physicians can focus on providing high quality patient care.
Cigna Onsite Health focuses on the individualized treatment and coaching of employees in the workplace environment. We provide accessible, quality care and guide employees and their families to Cigna resources and relevant employer wellness programs.
Because of the convenient location, Cigna Onsite providers are readily accessible to employees of our host client. This allows them to more easily build a trusting relationship with their patients and provide a level of care and service that is different than what is traditionally seen in the community. As an employer sponsored clinic, it is not open to the general public.
Cigna Onsite Health providers and staff emphasize quality interactions with patients, offering preventive care services and health improvement opportunities whenever possible. When patients need to see a specialist, our clinicians will refer to high quality providers, such as Cigna Centers of Excellence, Cigna Care Network physicians, or other quality networks. Combining clinical skills with caring staff using Cigna’s integrated data, our clinicians provide holistic care, including primary care, acute episodic treatment, screening, coaching and preventive services that lead to optimal Health Improvement.
We are seeking experienced Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistants with a passion for health and wellness, to join our Onsite Health Clinics in College Station and Houston TX.
- Primary Care treatment in an Employer-based setting
- Urgent Care requiring limited to no follow-up
- Extended Episodic Acute Care which can include 4-5 visits for an illness or injury that is limited in its chronicity
- Provide monitoring of chronic conditions in conjunction with patient PCP, i.e., blood pressure checks, Glucose monitoring, etc.
- Oversight and ability to perform specimen collection onsite for employee convenience
- Ability to provide oversight and ability to run onsite CLIA waived tests
- Ability to evaluate patients who need to go on, or are already on, Short Term Disability and work with the Case Management team
- To work with onsite employees to provide biometric screening and education in clinic
- To assist HR team in providing onsite immunizations
- To provide Travel Medicine recommendation and immunizations
- To assist in developing and implementing onsite educational programs based on sites medical dynamics (i.e., obesity, smoking cessation, etc.)
- To evaluate and provide direct one on one health coaching to employees along with referring patients into Wellness programs while working as a team member with telephonic wellness team
- To dispense prepackaged medications onsite (if allowable by law)
- To respond to onsite emergencies until EMS can arrive
- BLS training and the ability to utilize and AED when appropriate
- To assist patients to increase knowledge of specific condition through individual and/or group educational opportunities
- Promote team approach to healthcare through fostering of relationship with MAA
- Keep license current and attend appropriate CME educational opportunities
- To assist in the development of appropriate treatment protocols based on Evidence Based Medicine when applicable.
- The ability to communicate with both internal and external customers
- The ability to present to group of employees on various related health topics
- To be able to manage the clinic support team while following CIGNA policy and procedures
- Active and unrestricted PA or NP license required, in respective state
- Graduate of Certified NP or PA program
- Minimum of at least 1 or more years of experience, working independently in an internal medicine or family practice setting
- Passionate about health and wellness and educating patients
- Electronic Health Records experience
- Excellent team building skills
- Ability to partner with local HR to better employee’s health
- Ability to speak to groups
- This is a part time role, 3 days a week (24 hours)
US Candidates Only : Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status. If you require a special accommodation, please visit our Careers website or contact us atSeeYourself@cigna.com.
Primary Location: Houston-Texas
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Part-time
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting: Oct 10, 2016, 10:00:59 AM