Iasis Healthcare Patient Care Assistant II; 7A-7P; Day Shift- Medical Surgical Department in Houston, Texas
Performs the job of a Patient Care Assistant and also in addition one of a Unit Assistant.
Patient Care Assistant Role:
Under supervision and director of the Clinical Nurse and according to established procedures, provides routine service duties, technical and nursing procedures necessary to provide for care, comfort and safety of patients. Performs tasks, assists patients with personal hygiene and meals and ambulates patients according to specific procedures. Maintains patient and unit environment in a clean and orderly condition. Utilizes basic knowledge of age related differences in delivering patient care.
Unit Assistant Role:
Under the general supervision of the Director, and according to established policies and procedures, provides administrative support for assigned patient unit. In doing so, inputs orders in HBO, schedules diagnostic tests and therapies for patients, assembles and maintains patients’ charts, answers telephone and intercom calls, providing routine, approved information, and relays other calls and messages. Interviews patient to obtain information necessary to complete the admission process in specific departments.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Experience in Acute Care facility preferred.
- Current Nurse's Aide Certification required.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support certification is required.
**EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year work experience in order to complete written forms, comprehend and communicate verbal and written instructions and math skills to order supplies and assemble patient records.**
- Ability to read in order to interpret type and level of patient care ordered, to write in order to record patient vital signs, to understand and follow instructions relating to basic patient care.
- Perform simple arithmetic calculations in order to take and record patients' weight and vital signs at a level normally acquired through the completion of a high school diploma or equivalent training program.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to effectively and cordially interact with patients, families and various patient care personnel when obtaining necessary patient information and explaining Hospital policies and procedures.
- Ability to complete simple comparisons between numbers when taking patients' vital signs and weight and to record routine information on patient charts.
- Ability to concentrate and pay attention to detail for unto twenty percent of work time when performing basic patient care tasks.
- Ability to walk and stand for up to ninety percent of work time when performing basic patient care tasks.
- Analytical skills necessary in order to maintain admission and transfer records and gather various Hospital statistics.
- Clerical skills such as typing, computer knowledge and general medical terminology is preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED
Job reference #: 1705264