RailWorks Payroll Associate in Houston, Texas
REQUISITION NUMBER: 20160714-52501-001
HOME COMPANY: Track Systems - South
COMPANY LOCATION: Track Systems - Houston, TX
BUSINESS UNIT/DEPT: OPERATIONS
JOB LOCATION: Houston, TX
Payroll Associate - Gathers and inputs employee data needed for processing payroll, doing so within prescribed timelines with accuracy, quality, and efficiency. Perform additional various payroll-related tasks. i.e Maintains our Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) for all employees. Assists other departments as needed and directed by immediate Supervisor. *Position is located in our Deer Park, TX office.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Enters payroll information and equipment hours in a timely and accurate manner; ensures the integrity of payroll data through us of AL Mobil time entry system.
• Ensures all employee, project and equipment data is maintained and allocated in AL Mobil time entry system.
• Balances and reconciles payroll records; analyzes reports to identify errors and resolves and adjusts discrepancies for all satellite offices.
• Remits finalized payroll to corporate headquarters and acts as a liaison between operations and corporate payroll department.
• Researches and resolves routine payroll questions and issues from managers and staff
• Complies with payroll company standards and practices. Take a leadership role in communicating these standards and practices within the divisional office and satellite offices.
• Understands RailWorks Travel policy and validate payroll entries based on SOP.
• Maintains a consistent information flow between payroll, HR, and other departments as needed
• Records, submits and maintains all employee payroll deductions.
• Generates regular and ad hoc payroll/equipment usage and production reports.
• Inputs new hires, changes, and terminations; confirms required documentation/approvals have been received. Utilizing the following Programs, Cyber Recruiter, EBI Verification System, ExpressNet, SharePoint and JDE.
• Oversees and maintains integrity of all data entered into HRIS including personnel data, benefits information and on-line enrollment, training, and various courses taken by employees utilizing the JDE Competency program.
• Assist in managing our corporate drug policy. Scheduling new hire drug screens and current employee random testing.
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties
• Maintains payroll files and records and performs payroll-related clerical tasks
• Assist with annual benefit enrollment process.
• Maintains craft employee vacation log.
• Unemployment Notifications – provide employee information to appropriate personnel along with any hearing dates we are required to attend.
• Provide St. Louis Equipment Center with CDL driver applications, medical cards, motor vehicle registration to ensure driver compliance.
• Assist with training new employees on the use of AL Mobil time entry, back office and ipad users.
• High school diploma; college degree preferred
• A minimum of 2 years corporate payroll and human resource experience
• Organized, detail oriented and able to meet deadlines
• Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information and to perform with a high level of professionalism and integrity
• Strong understanding of payroll principles and standards
• Ability to carefully follow procedures and policies
• Effective written, oral communication and leadership skills
• Strong customer service skills. Must have the ability to grasp facts, processes, procedures in a changing environment very quickly; a quick learner.
• Ability to multi-task and thrives in an environment where numerous tasks and projects are occurring simultaneously
• Must be detail oriented and have the ability commit to long hours of work when necessary to achieve goals.
• Understands Federal and State prevailing wage laws and mandatory reporting.
• Familiarity with payroll systems/software
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office suite with strong Excel skills
• Works in an office environment
• Frequently sits for long periods of time
• Frequently speaks, reads, writes and uses a computer keyboard
• May require occasional standing, walking, lifting, stooping, or bending
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Disabled)