Lubrizol Process Development Chemist in Houston, Texas
Process Development Chemist
Req ID: 21285
Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a technology-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimize the quality, performance and value of customers’ products while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives.
Process Development Chemist – Lubrizol Oilfield Solutions, Oilfield Chemistry
Research & Development, Elmendorf, TX
• Coordinate product development projects with technical and operations supervision.
• Communicate with scientists, technical service personnel, and application engineers to assist in scale-up from lab to reactive extrusion and compounding line pilot plants.
• Conduct process and equipment analysis, simulation, optimization, and modification.
• Conduct and analyze 50 gallon laboratory scale up reactions.
• Coordination and startup of capital projects.
• Application and maintenance of systems associated with new chemical introduction, PPMP, RCMS, Management of Change, Process Safety Management, and Manufacturing Authorizations.
• Continuously enhance processes by assessing and applying new process technology.
• Enhance process capability and improve product quality using statistical analysis, and implementation of improved control strategies.
• Design, execute, analyze, and report (both written and verbal) on multiple, simultaneous complex projects
• Design experiments and analyze data from both the laboratory and pilot plant.
• Provide technical support for pilot plant and manufacturing operators.
• Participate in multifunctional project teams.
• Coordinate and initiate maintenance needs on unit.
• Assist in operator training programs.
• Assist in day to day troubleshooting and problem solving and use technical expertise and statistical analysis to quickly and effectively resolve issues.
• Perform various other duties assigned by supervisor and proactively take initiative to help with processes at the facility.
• Coordinate raw material and finished goods, as needed, internally and externally.
• Perform all activities safely, and in compliance with all Lubrizol, local, state and federal policies, environmental regulations and laws. Active participation in safety programs
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
• Bachelors or higher level degree in Chemical Engineering.
• 2-5 years of manufacturing operations experience, preferred.
• Strong fundamental knowledge in chemical engineering principals with proven problem solving abilities.
• Very strong “hands-on” mechanically and chemically oriented process-engineering skills.
• Knowledge of unit operations and process/equipment calculations and design.
• Knowledge of experimental design and data analysis, preferably using statistical techniques.
• Self-start with a drive and desire to manage multiple projects from start to completion with effective and competitive results and proactive approach to work.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, and presentation skills. Ability to work with others at all levels of the organization and in a matrixed hierarchy environment.
• Customer focused – responsive to the internal and external customers.
• Creative thinker with a proven track record of learning from both successes and failures.
• Computer competency and the ability to quickly learn various software.
• Basic knowledge of chemistry and chemical reaction
• Basic Analytical chemistry skill preferred.
• Must be physically capable to lift 75lbs.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Beaumont
Job Segment: Chemical Research, Developer, Chemist, Engineer, Product Development, Engineering, Technology, Science, Research