Waste Management Procurement Clerk in Houston, Texas
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
The Supply Chain Procurement Clerk is responsible for Processing Purchase Orders (POs), expediting orders, reconciling P.O. to invoice exceptions and other general administrative support as needed in the operation of the Supply Chain function. This role will be a part of a centralized team supporting multiple market areas.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Reviews and dispatches purchase orders to approved suppliers in a timely manner and in accordance with established procurement policies and procedures
- Collaborates with the Accounting department to assist with resolving supplier payment issues
- Adheres to procurement policy
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Required Education: High School diploma or GED, or similar area of study, with zero to two years of experience in a procurement and/or accounting
- Preferred Education: Associate’s Degree (business related or technical)
- Preferred Experience: Transactional buying experience in waste, trucking, equipment or services related industries; Some business or financial analytics experience; Experience with PeopleSoft a plus
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Competent using basic MS office productivity tools such as: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access.
- Able to perform basic research and extract information from data.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work tasks
- Works well in team environment
- Quickly applies new learning to areas of responsibility
- Customer focused
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Title: Procurement Clerk
Requisition ID: 16015115