YMCA of Greater Houston Program Assistant II Langham Creek in Houston, Texas
Provides direct supervision and support to teen program. Provides a quality experience to teens and parents focused on youth development including the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, caring and faith.
1. Plans and implements program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA core values.
2. Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards.
3. Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies. Completes all staff trainings as required and attends all staff meetings.
4. Maintains positive relations with parents and other staff.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. College Student or Professional Student
2. Experience preferred in one or more of the following areas: youth development, mentoring and outreach.
3. CPR, First Aid, AED/Oxygen certifications within 30 days of hire date.
4. Previous experience with diverse populations preferred.
Posting ID 79640182342
Job Category Teens