Lubrizol Project Engineer (Entry Level) in Houston, Texas
Project Engineer (Entry Level)
Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a technology-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimize the quality, performance and value of customers’ products while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives.
Lubrizol Specialty Products, Inc. (LSPI) is the global leader in the science of drag reduction. In 2014 LSPI was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway, having previously been a wholly owned subsidiary of Phillips 66. LSPI provides flow improver solutions, delivering strategic value to its customers by maximizing the flow potential of pipelines while increasing their operational flexibility, capacity and economic performance. LSPI works with companies in more than 35 countries to solve pipeline flow needs, treating more than 12 million barrels of hydrocarbon liquids a day and providing customers with a total package solution that includes flow improver products and the right injection equipment. LSPI leading brands are LiquidPower™, ExtremePower® and RefinedPower™.
LSPI consistently recruits the best and brightest. Put your valuable skills to work and join us!
This position provides technical support regarding the use of Flow Improvers to and internal and external customers in support of LSPI’s business goals.
• Participate in all assigned trainings and activities to develop technical expertise in the science of drag reduction and the hydraulics of liquid hydrocarbon pipelines with the goal of moving into LSPI Sales organization as a Technical Service Engineer.
• Under the supervision of the Director of ETS and the Lead Project Engineer, act as a technical resource to LSPI Sales and external customers in the utilization of LSPI drag reducing products to meet operational goals of liquid hydrocarbon pipelines, by:
• Providing expertise in the hydraulics of liquid hydrocarbon pipelines in conjunction with the science of drag reduction.
• Utilizing in house modeling software (POWER) and/or proprietary prediction equations to produce prediction Technical Service Repots (TSRs) to present the impact of using drag reducers in customer’s pipelines.
• Designing and executing field tests of LSPI products in customer pipelines, conducting subsequent data analysis, and documenting tests in TSRs.
• Support the maintenance of LSPI’s comprehensive performance equations and other hydraulics and predictions tools (e.g., EDIF calculator, shear point calculator, nozzle spreadsheet, etc.) to support ETS prediction work.
• Support the maintenance ETS SharePoint site and contents.
• Provide technical support to business development activities and LSPI business initiatives.
• This is a position targeted to move into business unit’s Sales organization as a Technical Service Engineer
Basic Requirements / Required Skills & Competencies:
• BS degree in an Engineering discipline.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
• Internal and external customer focus.
• Proficiency in computer applications such as MS Office, Excel, Word and Access.
• Good communication skills … oral and written (electronic).
• Cross-functional work skills (management, field operations, manufacturing plant and suppliers).
Preferred Skills & Competencies:
• Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
• Knowledge of modeling softwares.
Everyone's heard the stereotype: it's all cowboys, cactus and cattle. While those Texas roots are strong, Houston at http://hereishouston.com/ will surprise you with everything it has to offer. The ten-county region is the largest city not only in Texas, but in the entire Southern United States. Here the grass is green, landscaping is lush and the tree canopy is thick and widespread. It's the perfect mix of Southern greenery and urban sophistication. Known as the Bayou City at http://www.visitbayareahouston.com/ , the Houston metro area at http://www.visithoustontexas.com/ —the sixth largest in the nation—is crisscrossed by a number of bayous, many of them flowing into Buffalo Bayou, the site of the city's birthplace in the downtown area.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Beaumont
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Hydraulics, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Engineering, Entry Level