HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Rehab Technician - Rehab PRN in Houston, Texas
The rehabilitation technician is responsible for assisting the Physical Therapists and Occupational Therapists with patient treatments; maintaining the department inventory; cleaning and maintaining equipment; and cleaning the work area.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITIONS 1. Assist Physical Therapists / Occupational Therapists with patient treatments.
- The technician can assist with entering therapist’s charges for each patient. It is the responsibility of the technician to provide informational notes for the therapists as needed. The technician is required to document all cleaning and maintenance as indicated.
- Compliance with all safety, infection control and quality assurance policies and procedures is required. Confidentiality of the patient and treatment is required.
- Equipment should be returned to its appropriate location after treatments, dirty linen removed from the work area and placed in the appropriate containers, and debris placed in the appropriate location. Appropriate personnel should be notified of any spills, leaks, etc. in the department.
- Expectations Ethics and Compliance 1. All employees will be held accountable for behaviors displayed relative to the values articulated in the Mission and Values Statement. “Will act with absolute honest, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.” 2. All employees will be held accountable for attending training regarding the Code of Conduct program at least annually.
- Perform quality patient care duties efficiently and effectively. Assist with an acceptable quantity of patient treatments daily. Promote teamwork and cooperation within the department and within the hospital.
- The technician is responsible for cleaning and maintaining the department work area and equipment in a neat and orderly fashion. The technician is required to clean all equipment in the department on a scheduled basis and notify the appropriate personnel if repairs are needed.
The technician is responsible for continuously monitoring the department inventory. The technician is required to communicate with appropriate personnel when inventory needs to be replenished or ordered. Inventory will be restocked when delivered to the department. The inventory can include, but is not limited to patient supplies, linen, office supplies.
- Completes duties as assigned
Adheres to the Customer Services Principles of West Houston Medical Center. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LICENSURE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification from American Heart Association.
Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training required. Candidates without Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training and FIM training are eligible for employment but must complete certification within 60 days of employment.
Title: Rehab Technician - Rehab PRN
Location: Texas-Houston-West Houston Medical Center - Houston
Requisition ID: 00417-68751