Siemens Service Specialist II - Building Automation Systems / HVAC Controls - Houston, TX in Houston, Texas
Division Building Technologies (BT)
Job Type Regular
Business Unit Service
Job Time Full-Time
Functional Area FS - Field Service
Experience Level Mid Level
Req ID 159342
Required Education Associates Degree or equivalent experience
Location TX - Houston
Required Travel 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Reporting to the Service Operations Manager, performs technical support programs (TSP) / service agreement tasks and scheduled assignments to ensure that automation system is properly maintained and operating correctly.
• Handles emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours.
• Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved and checks and tests systems components. Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action and repairs system.
• Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to TSP / service agreement contracts. Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
• Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time and material work, system upgrades and service contact expansion. Prices, proposes and proceeds with new work as per issued guidelines.
• Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting and installation instructions.
• Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
• May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required.
• Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
• Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information weekly.
• If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
• Works with other branch, company or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem
• Participates in job site final walk and / or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs
• Conducts training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch.
• Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• 3+ years engineer/service experience or 2 yrs Service Specialist I experience required.
• Knowledge of automation systems, HVAC, electrical concepts, and building operations required.
• Skilled in programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting. Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relations required.
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
• Bachelor's degree
• Working engineering and programming background
*LI - KMB
Siemens encourages qualified long-term unemployed individuals to apply for open positions.
Offer of employment with Siemens is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, disability status, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law:
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm to learn more. at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision:
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. Click at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNoticeJRFQA508c.pdf here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNoticeJRFQA508c.pdf to learn more. at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf