Flowserve Corporation Ship Channel Control Valve Sales Engineer in Houston, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
· Effectively maintain existing accounts while further developing and growing a defined set of new customers within the assigned Houston, TX and/or Freeport, TX based territory
· Promote Flowserve’s control and quarter turn automation valve products along with our related aftermarket support and services to the process control industries
· Perform technical products sales presentations to all levels of customers including engineering, maintenance and procurement
· Develop, build, and maintain relationships with key customers to strengthen and solidify purchasing agreements.
· Work closely with inside sales group to develop best quotation strategies
· Assist in negotiation of commercial issues involved in purchasing process.
· Meet or exceed sales goals and sustain growth in assigned account base.
· Provide accurate and timely forecasts/ reports for area of responsibility.
· Develop a keen understanding of the Flowserve control valve product lines and their respective operations to enhance selling efforts
· Develop collaborative relationships with respective Flowserve sales and operations management to more effectively coordinate bookings growth and resolve issues in the assigned territory
· Comply with Corporate goals, objectives and policies.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred (technical degree a plus)
· 2 – 5+ years of inside / outside experience in the selling of control valves and / or related products to the process control industries
· Proven track record with respect to the successful sale of technical products to the major process control industries including O & G, Petrochemical, Chemical, Power etc.
· Knowledge and experience serving the variety of markets involved in the process control industries
· Ability to prioritize tasks and effectively manage assigned territory.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong presentation, relationship building and interpersonal skills
· Willingness to learn and understand control valve products to effectively explain, select, apply, and sell a technical and engineered solutions
· Driven self-starter who is highly motivated
Job Posting Category Sales
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 50%
Remote Worker Yes
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible Yes
Country United States of America
Req ID 35122BR