Sava Senior Care Social Worker - Degreed in Houston, Texas
Social Worker - Degreed Description
Provides services to respond to the psycho social needs of Residents and their family members.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- As part of admission process, meets with the Resident and family to review policies on advanced directives, Resident rights and discrimination.
- Conducts and documents a social services evaluation, including identification of Resident problems/needs and arranges fro appropriate social services.
- Helps residents and their families (in their social, racial, ethnic, and cultural context) cope with the immediate effects of the decision to move to the facility.
- Implements social service interventions that achieve treatment goals, address resident needs, link social supports, physical care and physical environment to enhance quality of life.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Social Worker - Degreed Requirements
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Behavioral Health
- One year supervised social work experience working directly with individuals in a long-term or sub-acute health care setting.
- Current Social Work license in the state.
Physical Demands & Environment
Working in normal office environment, employee may be required to sit, bend, stoop, use keyboard, see, talk and hear. May occasionally lift medium to heavy objects including assisting with the movement of Residents. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job ID #:: 196088
Facility Name:: Memorial City, Houston, TX
Functional Area:: Clinical
Facility Address:: 1341 Blalock
Position Type:: Full-Time
Location:: Houston, TX - 77055