Iasis Healthcare Special Procedures Technologist - CVT in Houston, Texas
*JOB SUMMARY:* Promotes quality patient care through the performance of diagnostic and interventional radiography utilizing appropriate technique, established protocols, physician direction an age specific guidelines. Acts in an advisory capacity to the Cardiologist on proper projection and techniques needed to provide optimum results. Maintains a thorough knowledge of contrast agents, angiography equipment, supplies, radiation safety and quality assurance guidelines and applies such knowledge in day to day performance of their duties. Demonstrates friendliness, helpfulness, and concern with patients and visitors. Provides services to physicians in a helpful and timely manner. Maintains a cooperative relationship with co-workers and other hospital employees according to the values of St. Joseph Medical Center.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 2-3 years special procedure work required.
- Experience in the area of cardiac catheterization preferred.
- Current License issued by Texas Department of Health and AART or Certified in RCIS.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Current American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification required.
EDUCATION & TRAINING: High School Diploma required with successive completion of studies at an accredited School of Radiology with Registry obtained or on the Job training for over 3 years.
- Working knowledge of all radiographic equipment used in the Cab Lab.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer documentation knowledge.
Equal Opportunity EmployerMinorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job reference #: 1605076