Iasis Healthcare Staffing Coordinator; PRN; Weekends only in Houston, Texas
Fills open nursing shifts from all the nursing departments by coordinating schedules of in-house float pool and utilizes electronic workforce management system to schedule float pool nursing staff. Coordinates reassignment of regular staff when they are cancelled by their unit. When in-house float pool not available, notifies unit and offers to contact nursing agency to fill open shifts. Reviews and utilizes daily listing of agency booked to determine if any agency staff can be cancelled.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Two years Staffing Office/Scheduling/Staffing Agency experience preferred. Prefer at least one year hospital/medical experience with heavy public contact.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Minimum high school diploma.
- Bachelor degree preferred.
Technical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills relevant to area in order to effectively communicate with staff.
Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate effectively with nursing units, staff, and nursing agencies.
- Proficient computer knowledge - Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to work with many interruptions.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Able to work well with others.
- Self-motivated and able to cope with pressure situations. Handle difficult situations with tact, diplomacy, fairness and courtesy at all times.
- Must be able to evaluate situations and exercise judgment.
- Able to be flexible and adjust to changes in work demands.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job reference #: 1604966