HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Stationary Engineer in Houston, Texas
The Woman’sHospitalofTexas JOB DESCRIPTION – Stationary Engineer
Operates and maintains hot water and steam systems: boilers, transfer pumps, heating coils, piping and related controls.
Operates and monitors the Building Automation Systems.
Monitors and retrieves work orders from TMA work order system.
Installs, repairs, and performs preventive maintenance on various equipment in accordance with diagrams, operating manuals, maintenance schedules and manufacturer specifications.
Maintains and repairs air handler units, exhaust fans, and supply fans.
Operates and maintains chilled water systems to include chillers, circulating pumps, cooling towers, piping and related controls.
Assists in the inspection, installation, repair and replacement of pipes, fittings and plumbing fixtures to maintain the water, gas and drain systems.
Operates and tests auxiliary generators and electrical distribution systems with documentation of all testing.
Maintains inventory of required equipment and supplies to perform responsibilities.
Maintains all equipment and supplies required in the provision of services in optimum operational status with procurement or replacement of equipment as needed.
Maintains documentation of all activities performed.
Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Facilities Management and/or Facilities Manager.
Recognizes the purpose of employment is to prioritize the patient as number one.
- Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and to continue personal and professional growth.
- Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on the unit and with other service areas.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness while maintaining patient safety and quality of care.
- Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
- Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
- Communicates effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, and satellite staff) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
- Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
- Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the unit.
- To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements: Education required and/or preferred: REQUIRED: Trade School or equivalent Licensure/Certification REQUIRED: City of Houston Stationary Engineers License 3rd Grade PREFERRED: City of Houston Stationary Engineers License 1st Grade
Experience required or preferred:
PREFFERED: Minimum of five years in provision of building maintenance services. Minimum of one year Central Plant operation experience with a focus on hospital environment or equivalent.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities: Knowledge of relevant building codes; knowledge of the materials, tools and techniques of carpentry, plumbing maintenance or HVAC trade. Knowledge of city and national electrical codes; knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade. Knowledge of electronic principles and equipment troubleshooting procedures. Ability to work from sketches, blue prints and written instructions; ability to exercise initiative and judgment in estimating the methods, materials and time needed to complete assigned projects. Ability to troubleshoot equipment or plumbing malfunctions so as to identify the problem and take appropriate action to correct the situation; ability to work rapidly and efficiently under emergency situations; ability to follow oral and written instructions; ability to lift, push, or pull objects weighing up to 50 pounds; ability to perform work in rather inaccessible areas. Skill in the use of a variety of hand and power tools used to in the installation, repair and maintenance of equipment, buildings and grounds.
Physical Requirements Physical demands require performing all essential functions of this position as assigned. If requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position may require the use of personal protective equipment during various tasks/activities including but not limited to, back support belts, gloves, masks and safety glasses. (See Attached Physical Demands)
OSHA Exposure Control X Exposure Category I = Routinely have exposure to bloodborne pathogens Exposure Category II = Occasionally have exposure to bloodborne pathogens Exposure Category III = Rarely have exposure to bloodborne pathogens
Title: Stationary Engineer
Location: Texas-Houston-The Woman%27s Hospital of Texas- Houston
Requisition ID: 00162-66340