Siemens Systems Engineer - Controls in Houston, Texas
Division Power & Gas (PG)
Job Type Regular
Business Unit Compressors
Job Time Full-Time
Functional Area ENG - Engineering
Experience Level Mid Level
Req ID 158072
Required Education Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
Location TX - Houston
Required Travel 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Power and Gas Division is the trusted partner for world class products and solutions for the oil and gas, power and industrial markets. The Division is dedicated to deliver its customers reliable, efficient, clean and safe products and solutions.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/power-and-gas.htm
Systems Engineer – Controls, shall be responsible for supporting/ leading the development and execution of Automation & Controls work for packaging of Siemens small gas turbines, turbine driven units (compressors/ generators) and Motor driven compressors.
• This position is responsible for Control Systems for Packaging the gas turbines projects which requires control panel design, PLC programming, Instrumentation, testing , debugging, and assist during commissioning and start-up efforts.
• Develop the controls scope for the project, provide input to project cost estimates and schedules
• Develop control system architectures and complex network diagrams
• Proficient in Control Panel Assembly Design and General Arrangements
• Develop controls application using Softwares such as Siemens PCS7, Allen Bradley RSLogix Family.
• Develop PLC programming using ladder logic, statement text, function blocks and CFCs.
• Design and develop Control System hardware using Siemens ET-200 Family, S7-300/400 Family products and Allen Bradley ControlLogix, FlexLogix family products.
• Develop operator interface using HMI products such as RSView, Intouch Wonderware, WinCC
• Design controls architectures using communication Protocols such as Profibus, Ethernet, ControlNET, DeviceNET, Modbus etc.
• Design, develop and program Fire & Gas Systems such as Det-tronics
• Design, develop and program machine monitoring systems such as Bently Nevada
• Engineer shall review customer specifications and provide comments and feedback.
• Shall develop cause & effects matrix, function block diagrams and control narratives.
• Shall support production during the construction and testing.
• Engineer shall ensure all designs are compliant with applicable codes, standards and safety regulations
• Engineer shall also be responsible for supporting sales/ application engineering during the bid phase of the project.
• Shall have experience in writing test procedures, user manuals and technical proposals.
• Shall be part of kick off and design review meetings.
• Degree (BE) in engineering with 5 to 8 years of experience working as a Control Systems Engineer.
• Must have 5 years of experience in controls systems architecture and networking concepts. (ControlNet, Devicenet, Ethernet, Profibus, Modbus etc).
• Up to 5 years experience in Allen Bradley Control Systems hardware (ControlLogix, CompactLogix and FlexLogix etc) and software (RSLogix 5000, RSLinx etc)
• Up to 5 years experience in Siemens PCS7, Simatic S7, WinCC, Profibus etc.
• HMI development, configuration and implementation of Rockwell software. Programming using Factory Talk Systems
• Have basic understanding of principles of Gas Turbines and various systems of gas turbines including the fuel systems, auxiliary systems and basic concepts of driven units such as compressors and generators.
• Able to understand P&IDs and develop control system schematics, wiring diagrams and loop diagrams
• Knowledge of Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS), SIL Levels and Safety Systems.
• Knowledge of industry standards such as ATEX, CE, IEC, NEC, API, etc.
• Possess a strong knowledge of design, specification and implementation of software and/or hardware systems
• Strong communications, analytical, problem solving and organizational/planning skills.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens encourages qualified long-term unemployed individuals to apply for open positions.
Offer of employment with Siemens is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, disability status, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law:
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm to learn more. at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision:
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. Click at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNoticeJRFQA508c.pdf here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNoticeJRFQA508c.pdf to learn more. at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf