Student Conservation Association TCEQ Intern- LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY in Houston, Texas
- Conducts prairie and riparian habitat restoration within parks.
- Works in the HPARD greenhouse to propagate plants for habitat restoration.
- Coordinates community cleanup and conservation service events.
- Performs trash cleanup of riparian areas.
- Conducts invasive species removal using mechanical and/or chemical methods.
- Performs technical data collection, research, analysis, evaluations, inspections, or surveys to determine the impact on natural resources.
- Prepares, assembles, and distributes educational materials and conducts educational presentations and training programs at community centers.
- Participates in community outreach events to educate citizens about the value of native habitat.
- Maintains, calibrates, and operates technical equipment.
- Assists in field studies and in making technical evaluations.
- Participates in online and hands-on training provided by various organizations.
- Performs related work as assigned.
LOCAL CANDIDATE ONLY
- Location Description
Milby Park HPARD Greenhouse HPARD Headquarters
- Training Provided
Plant propagation training Water quality testing training Plant identification Habitat restoration
- Educational/Recreational Opportunities
Attend conferences and field trips
Education, Training & Skills Expected
Biology some coursework or experience Forestry some coursework or experience Resource Management some coursework or experience Field Research some experience Hand Tools some experience Community Engagement some experience Plant Identification some experience Working with Children some experience
Expected Dates: January 16, 2017 to January 13, 2018
Site: Texas Commission of Environmental Quality
Position ID: PO-00699683
Main Area of Focus: Natural Resources Mgmt
AmeriCorps Eligible: Eligible
Driving Logistics: Valid Drivers License Needed Personal Vehicle Required
US Citizenship: Required