Quest Diagnostics Technical Sales Specialist - Houston, TX in Houston, Texas
The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Technical Sales Specialist for the Houston, TX territory.
Technical Sales Specialist Job Description
Reports to: Manager, Connectivity Accounts - Commercial
Connectivity is an integral part of our service proposition and of the customer experience with Quest Diagnostics.
This position provides a single point of contact for connectivity needs and occasionally for other client related IT issues.
- Develops and maintains expertise on Quest Diagnostics technology portfolio.
- Provide consultative support to Commercial team and clients to ensure optimal placement and utilization of appropriate technology solutions.
- Partners with the Commercial team to develop a consultative and advisory relationship with key customers for their information technology needs.
- Partners with IT and Commercial teams to improve internal processes and drive growth of lab revenue through the use of our technology solutions.
- Provides training to the Commercial team both in the field and in formal settings (sales meetings, etc).
- Collaborates closely with Commercial team as a field resource for technical sales support on Quest Diagnostics technology portfolio.
- Attend client business reviews for key accounts as determined by the ESD and/or SD to understand emerging issues, needs and service enhancements from a customer’s perspective.
- Provide insights to area sales team on leveraging technology to grow and enhance business relationships.
- Prioritize consultative calls with Commercial team based on strategic positioning, account size and retention risks.
- Acts as Commercial team’s point of escalation for exceptional issues pertaining to Quest Diagnostics technology portfolio.
- Attends strategic meetings at the regional and district levels as determined by ESD and/or SD
- Will spend 50% of daily time in the field working with customers and Commercial
Bachelor of Science degree (prefer Computer Science, Business or Life Sciences degree or 3-5 years of applicable health care IT experience).
Will travel across the region – approximately 25-50% of the time.
Create and maintain strong customer relationships (external and internal)
Strong ability to organize and plan (tactical and strategic)
Proficient in PC skills and other software
_Strong written and oral communication skills. _
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.
Job Title: Technical Sales Specialist - Houston, TX
Job ID: 3768737
Location: 5850 Rogerdale Rd
Full/Part Time: Full-Time