HP UC/Network Architect in Houston, Texas
The Telecom Voice Architect is a solution/domain architect. They will steer the vision, technology and roadmap to create industry-leading voice infrastructure and deliver world-class solutions that support our evolving business needs. The primary focus of the role will be on Unified Communications & Collaboration and Voice domains, while also working with the integration through data networks, wireless, video, and mobility. The position is responsible for developing and maintaining current and future state architectures, roadmap and overseeing implementation of end-to-end integrated systems, delivering architectural initiatives that improve efficiencies in line with business strategies.
Main Duties :
· Leverage innovative thinking to turn ideas into solutions.
· Recommends and participates in activities related to the design, development and maintenance
of the UC and Voice Architecture.
· Researching overall solutions on the market for particular technical requirements and
· Provide technical knowledge in re-architecting existing solutions and solve a variety of multi-platform or cross functional problems relating to Unified Communication (Skype for business) and voice technologies (SIP, gateways, IPT, cloud PBX, and contact center).
· Work cross-functionally, between the business units and among engineering teams, operations teams, and end-user support teams to architect solution from inception to operational excellence.
· Participates in Architecture Working Groups
· Interface with senior management teams to guide strategic technology decisions by helping them to understand the technological directions and relay it into business benefits: including the development of a 5 year technology roadmap with business impact.
· Responsible for building financial cases for architectural directions: including the total cost of ownership and the return on investment of any proposed architecture/solution.
· Understand and track industry trends, standards, technologies, and policies and have the ability to articulate the effects of these trends in our Telecom services.
· Identifies and recommends areas appropriate for further study and participates in any Proof of
Concept projects required to thoroughly investigate architectural possibilities and strengthen
arguments for their adoption.
· Identifies implementation risks and analyses potential impact on the enterprise and on the
achievement of scheduled objectives.
· Recommends and participates in the design and implementation of IT service management standards, tools and methodologies
The ideal candidate will possess a balance of business acumen, be technically competent, collaborative, hands-on self-starter with strong communication, leadership and organizational skills.
· Provide architectural direction to the company to leverage IT trends.
· Develop and maintain current and planned network architectural blueprints.
· Create plans to integrate business systems and workflows in support of business strategy.
· Provide architectural consulting to programs, projects, and initiatives.
· Initiate and deliver technology evaluations and recommendations.
· Develop and maintain vendor relationships
· Deliver requisite program documentation including program charters, schedules, requirements documents, specifications, design documents and testing strategies.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent technology degree required.
· 10+ years of telecommunications / IT experience with global exposure
· Specialties: Voice and Data networks, Video, Unified Communications & Collaboration, Video Conferencing, Mobility, and contact center
· Voice (Voice Core Network Services & Audio Conferencing) Domain Leader.
· Knowledge of Session Initiated Protocol (SIP) PSTN, call routing, VOIP, IP Trunking, dial plans.
· Expert knowledge of Skype for Business, Voice Gateways, ACDs, and IVRs.
· Evangelist of HP story with a passion for the customers and partners.
· Good at building rapport and key relationships with globally diverse teams and stakeholders.
· Proven track record in a dynamic and changing global environment.
· Project & Program Management skills required to own projects, track their progress, and follow them through to completion
· High amount of Teamwork required. Must become a model team member of any global projects we are engaged in, consistently providing high quality work.
· Strong attention to details, analytical capability, and excellent verbal and written communications.
· Ability to effectively work with and influence others and act as a change leader.
· Ability to operate independently and collaboratively.
· Experience with designing, developing, implementing and supporting enterprise voice and data networks.
· Experience voice network and data networks design and troubleshooting.
· Experience with ITU Telecom Standards.
· Experience with Session Boarder Controllers and SIP trunking.
· Mastery of presenting complex solutions to a variety of technical and nontechnical audiences.
No shift premium (United States of America)
EEO Tagline -
HP Inc. is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
Learn more about HP personal data
practices at Privacy Statement at http://www.hp.com/go/privacy , and
Personal Data Rights Notice at http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/privacy/privacy_notice.html (where
applicable). Accessibility at HP at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-information/accessibility-aging/index.html
and Terms at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html