Citi UHNW Private Banker in Houston, Texas
Primary Location: United States,Texas,Houston
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Private Client Coverage
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 17058126
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Brief Description of the Organization
CBNA is the primary legal entity for Citi, providing products and services to consumers, financial institutions and corporate clients around the world. In the past, Citi has provided most of its internal reporting on a business by business basis. With the changes in the regulatory environment, strong legal entity reporting and governance has become essential. This team is responsible for ensuring that CBNA has the appropriate governance and control infrastructure to meet the demand for legal entity planning, execution, information management and the ever-evolving regulatory environment.
Description of the Position
UHNW Private Bankers at Citi develop and deepen client relationships in order to thoroughly understand the client situation and utilize that knowledge to develop tailored wealth management strategies. UHNW Private Bankers are able to add value to clients and firms by building and drawing upon a network of internal resources, often global, to achieve desired results. Successful Bankers are able to develop and adapt a disciplined sales process to convert a pipeline of prospects into target market clients. In addition, they are able to deliver quality Private Bank client relationships (solutions and services) in an intensely competitive fragmented market, taking fullest advantage of the Citi franchise while protecting the Bank and client/firm by complying with relevant policies, procedures, and country legal/regulatory requirements.
New Client and Business Development
• Grow client net revenue by a minimum of $500,000 annually in core product areas: investment management, capital markets, and banking & lending
• Create sales and marketing strategies designed to generate revenue growth and to acquire new target clients within different sectors
• Prospecting – generate leads and develop prospects, network to identify referrals to new clients/prospects
• Profile, qualify, and convert prospects into CPB clients.
• Identify and execute on new business opportunities with existing clients
• Orchestrate appropriate specialist resources to develop tailored, long-term solutions for clients/prospects
• Present and communicate to clients/prospects complex financial concepts and investment strategies in a way that is easily understood
• Serve as the client’s advocate and trusted advisor (primary contact) for strategic advice on financial matters
• Create, organize, and implement a wealth management strategy designed to deepen relationships with existing clients
• Manage client expectations regarding what can and cannot be executed on their behalf
• Ensure financial strategies are kept current and appropriately aligned with client objectives
• Understand and communicate the risk involved with financial and investment strategies
• Ensure all client inquiries and problems are handled effectively and resolved
• Help team members to acquire experience and establish credibility with clients
Compliance Oversight and Controls
• Comply with all regulatory policies and control procedures regarding client transactions and suitability
• Oversee and ensure compliance with the following processes: Investment Objective Setting (IOS), Client Risk Profile (CRF), and Periodic Client Reviews
• Oversee and ensure clients are on-boarded appropriately including all required documentation is complete and accurate
Licensing: FINRA Series 7, 63 and 66 or 65
BA level degree; Minimum of five years of financial service experience
Skills and Knowledge
• Client facing experience, preferably in the financial services industry. Strong knowledge of investments, banking and credit products
• Strong knowledge of financial industry and current market conditions
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to escalate issues to management. Excellent interpersonal skills, problem solving, team work and analytical skills
• Ability to establish relationships and partner effectively with various groups including sales, service, operations, compliance, and marketing
• Ability to think logically and critically about client needs and generate creative solutions when required
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to set high standards of meeting deliverables
• Highly developed attention to detail including follow up and follow through with tasks/requests
• Ability to multitask in a high pressure environment and work under tight deadlines
• Proven ability to learn on the job and comfortable working in an environment where the policies and procedures change regularly
• Ability to understand, utilize and learn computer and web based applications