Macy's Retail Support Lead, Full Time: Hurst, TX, Macy’s North East in Hurst, Texas
* Job Overview: *
The Merchandising/Support Team Lead is responsible for providing a great shopping experience, and driving sales and profit through customer service, proper merchandising on the sales floor and accurate merchandise movement throughout the building. Duties include placement of new receipts and floor moves, stockroom organization and replenishment, fulfillment, reverse logistics, RFID, inventory, shortage control, POS transactions and other duties as needed.
Essential Functions: *
• Provide an exceptional customer shopping experience by ensuring both the in store and online customer are always the #1 priority; • Service the customer in a helpful and friendly manner including POS transactions, credit and Plenti enrollment, and helping her to find what she is looking for; • Collaborate with Managers, Leads and Associates throughout the store to deliver a clean, neat and easy-to-shop store environment; maintain sales floor and fitting room recovery standards to include checking fitting room stalls, sorting merchandise and ensuring merchandise is worked back to sales floor immediately as time permits; • Support Omni Channel initiatives and be open to learning new technology; • Lead and motivate associates to meet and properly balance customer service and task goals; • Assist the Merchandise Team Manager with workload planning, associate task assignments and execution; flex/adjust resources as workload and business needs dictate; • Assist the Merchandise Team Manager in development of associates through consistent on-the-job training and coaching; ensure all procedures, policies, best practices and standards are understood and followed by associates; • Communicate with Operations Manager and Merchandise Team Manager on any merchandise or system issues; • Perform these functions in an efficient manner; flex between tasks as directed by Supervisor; • Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures; ; • Ensure that shortage prevention initiatives are executed; • Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality; • Collaborate with peers using planning/execution tools to coordinate merchandise movement needs with current strategies (new receipts, seasonal changes, pricing and signing initiatives, etc.); • Direct, assist in, and monitor merchandising tasks to include placement of merchandise to merchandising standards (zone-o-gram, directives and visual guidelines), stockroom maintenance and organization, and productive replenishment to the sales floor; • Direct, assist in, and monitor fulfillment tasks to include collection and transport of picked fulfillment orders to appropriate processing areas; preparing and returning BOPS/SDD orders to meet the time committed to the customer; partnership with Sales Managers on alerts and orders at risk; • Direct, assist in, and monitor reverse logistics tasks to include use of correct RF Handheld applications, timely execution and processing of damages, non-congruent transfers, store initiated transfers, return to vendor and mark out of stock merchandise, and appropriate packing and shipping standards; • Direct, assist in, and monitor timely and accurate RFID processes to include preparing for and executing tag up events, cycle counts and display audits; consistent RFID tagging standards throughout the store, and resolution of inventory issues; • Handle various responsibilities related to the physical operation of the facility, including activities required to open and close the building, as well as involvement in daily back-of-house functions.
- Education/Experience: *
- * • High School degree or equivalent. • Minimum 1 year previous merchandising or retail operations Experience. • Exceptional Customer Service Skills.
- Communication Skills: *
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate and present information to customers, peers and associates, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. * *
- Mathematical Skills: *
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Able to use a calculator and current technology.
Reasoning Ability: *
• Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills. • Ability to delegate.
- Physical Demands: *
- * • This position involves constant moving and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs. May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. May involve reaching above eye level. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Other Skills: *
- * • Ability to train, coach, and develop a staff of associates. • Ability to delegate and follow through on projects in a timely manner. • Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
Work Hours: *
• Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Hurst
Job: Receiving and Merchandising
Req ID: 71677416