Citi Agile Scrum Master in Irving, Texas
Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 16064848
The Agile Scrum Master is proficient in agile techniques and is adept at change management through influence and facilitation of Agile into new environments.
We are seeking a talented Scrum Master to provide effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership, and set a powerful example for the team. The Ideal candidate will work with our Sr. Scrum Master to provide guidance, coaching and direction towards maturing and optimizing Agile execution methodologies through the constant improvement of Agile application principles and processes. This is a Manager level position also responsible for Sprint Planning, Release Planning, Sprint execution tracking, risk management and management of metrics related to sprint planning and execution. This individual must have demonstrated ability work across technology disciplines in a matrix organization. They will be responsible for enforcing the rules of Scrum, removing impediments from their team while promoting self-management and constantly improving our work standards as the central role in fast project delivery with fewer defects. This role will interact closely with IT and Business teams to educate and execute Agile methodology.
· Own, advocate, and coach Agile (scrum) processes, ensuring that the team is always following the framework and looking for opportunities to continuously improve. Serve as Scrum Master for up to two Agile teams. Uphold Agile values and principles; facilitate Agile ceremonies. Focus teams to deliver value quickly. Foster a motivating culture of openness, collaboration, and continuous improvement. Coordinate across other Agile teams for complex projects.
· Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand-up meetings, Sprint reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning and other Scrum-related meetings. Track and communicate sprint/release progress via information radiators. Ensure all information radiators are current and broadly available
· Play a key team member role in the delivery of complex technology and business solutions. Champion and embody the Scrum way-of-life across the development teams. Encourage and support iterative and collaborative development - favoring people over process. Own, advocate, and teach Agile (scrum) processes, ensuring that the team is always following the framework and looking for opportunities to continuously improve
· Escalate and/or resolve impediments to help your team ship code. Leverage data to measuring & monitoring progress against commitments. Coach teams on the basics of Scrum or Kanban (as needed) in simple term
· Promote creation and adoption of standard practices for Scrum Management and Sprint planning, program management, Metrics management and reporting. Guiding and coaching the Scrum Team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to meet program objectives.
· Creatively apply Scrum management/ Sprint Planning processes to address unique situations; Assess Scrum execution status and direct corrective measures to ensure program success including escalation and visibility to senior leadership when appropriate
· Cultivate and foster an environment of trust, good faith, team growth, creativity and empower the team to self-organize. Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution.
· Take ownership and work with the Product Owner to maximize efficiency and effectiveness and attainment of project objectives.
· Protect the team from outside interference, removing impediments, and ensure that the work is delivered as a team. Escalate to the Senior Scrum Master as required
· Ensure the scrum team is adhering to the core agile principles of collaboration, task prioritization, team accountability and visibility
· Ensure adherence to the Citi Agile SDLC processes and procedures
· Act as advisor or ad-hoc coach to those new to Agile methodology and guide them in the adoption of Agile software development practices (writing user stories, release schedules and integration planning, scrum meetings, velocity and capacity planning).
· Act as Scrum master for scrum team(s) with a focus on guiding the teams towards improving the way they work. Guide scrum team(s) on how to manage dependencies between teams and third parties when making Sprint commitments.
Desired - Certified Scrum Master (CSM or PMI-ACP) or equivalent experience
1 -3 years of scrum master experience with in-depth knowledge of Scrum and implementation of Agile Methodologies to multiple teams in large-scale enterprise change projects & programs
3-5 years of solid experience in Project Management
Understanding of System Development Life Cycle methodology
Strong knowledge of Scrum Management, Sprint and Release planning
Strong understanding of and experience with Software Development Life Cycles, as well as strong project management skills; must have a solid background utilizing an Agile approach to software development.
Excellent interpersonal communication and facilitation skills and proven ability to work with diverse personality types.
Excellent skills and knowledge situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
Effective oral, written, and presentation skills are required
Ability to gain credibility to influence decision makers and influencers (influence within and across boundaries) without direct authority.
Team specific coaching and mentorship experience on several engagements
Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
Good understanding of System Development Life Cycle methodology
Demonstrated work history of being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
Knowledge and/or experience with Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
Experience in an IT Finance Risk Management and spend analytics leadership role. Should exhibit strong execution capabilities
Expertise in Scrum including the value and principles, and how they are applied in enterprise environments
Expertise in one or more other agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean, Kanban, XP, TDD, CI) and how they can be applied in a product development / program delivery environment