Citi Apps Dev Sr. Programmer Analyst in Irving, Texas
Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 16063098
Apps Dev Sr. Programmer Analyst
Responsible for applications systems analysis and programming activities. May be responsible for feasibility studies, time and cost estimates and establishment and implementation of new or revised applications systems and programs. May be responsible for overall direction of IT Planning; Strategy, Technical Writing, and Business Analysis, Risk technology, Non Mainframe applications development, Analytic Model Development and Application support activities to meet specific business needs of user areas and test systems to ensure integrity.
Consults with users, clients and other technology groups on issues and recommends advanced programming solutions; installs and supports customer exposure systems. Accountable for all phases of development process: analysis, design, construction, testing and implementation; provides user and operational support on applications to business users. Solves / works complex problems / projects through in-depth evaluation of business processes, system processes and industry standards; performs root cause analyses. Recommends and develops security measures. Engages in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality. Provides sound understanding of apps development concepts and principles and a basic knowledge of concepts and principles in other technology areas. Ensures essential procedures are followed and helps to define operating standards and processes. Applies comprehensive understanding of how multiple areas collectively integrate within apps development to contribute towards achieving business objectives. Acts as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts. Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated and unique situations. Directly impacts the business by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others; impacts own team and closely related work teams. Exhibits sound and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills to exchange complex information.
• BA/BS degree with 2+ years of relevant experience in a reporting, development, or analytical capacity OR 4+ years of relevant experience
• Intermediate to advanced level skill working with the following techniques and technologies:
o .NET Framework 4 or later.
o ASP.NET development, both Web Forms and MVC. Web API experience is a plus.
o REST/SOAP web service APIs.
o TFS 2013/2015
o Talend Data Integration 5.6+, SQL Server Integration Services or a similar ETL software package.
o SQL Server 2012+, including T-SQL scripting, stored procedure development and performance tuning.
o Data modeling, including entity-relationship and schema diagrams.
o Software engineering concepts such as object-oriented programming, coupling, cohesion, and unit testing. Domain-driven design and UML modeling are a plus.
o Data warehousing concepts and principles such as: star vs snowflake schema, dimensional modeling, and SCD. Experience interfacing with Teradata and Oracle data warehouses is a plus.
o OLAP concepts and principles such as: hierarchies, cubes, dimensions, and data sparsity. Experience with IBM Cognos TM1 or SSAS are a plus.
• Demonstrated understanding of various software development lifecycles (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, etc.) and industry best practices.
• Proven track record of successfully working in a team-based development environment with the ability to establish and maintain strategic relationships with peers, project managers, and other constituents and adjust priorities and scopes of work as needed.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact professionally colleagues, managers, and other key stakeholders.
• Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to effectively conduct root cause analysis.
• Commitment to continuing education, professional development, and awareness of emerging development technologies.