Luminant ASP.NET Developer in IRVING, Texas
4Change is a successful and rapidly-growing retail electricity provider focused on providing low prices, a no-worries no-hassles customer experience, and contributing 4% of annual profits to charities that help those in great need.
4Change Energy is looking for a talented ASP.NET Developer to join our entrepreneurial company. Working for 4Change will give the successful candidate the excitement and opportunities found in a dynamic and fast-paced environment while enjoying the stability of working for the subsidiary of a multi-billion dollar energy company.
The ASP.NET Developer will be a key part of the IT team and will be given the opportunity to work across multiple technology areas. The candidate will be primarily responsible for working with Business team members to review requested enhancements, help refine their definition and estimated effort, and then implement those enhancements according to best coding practices. They will also be responsible for the monitoring, testing, and general debugging of production systems. The candidate will get exposure across the development cycle, taking ideas from coding through testing and into production release. The successful candidate will love a good challenge, enjoy working on a variety of different tasks, and relish learning new things to grow their skillset.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities* include the following. Other duties may be assigned.*
- Develop and maintain technology used in support of 4Change Energy’s business
- Achieve a high level of productivity, positive motivation, and a continuous improvement mindset
- Provide timely resolution to technology problems that adversely affect the business
- Support integrated technology solutions that promote and support consistent programs, processes, and procedures in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible
- Implement, test, and deploy new functionality and enhancements into Production environment
- Review new software enhancement requests
- Document code functionality
- Monitor production logs
- Diagnose and resolve reported bugs
- Perform ad hoc research, diagnosis, and operational support
- Proactively identify and recommend opportunities for code refactoring and/or optimization
- Support a departmental culture that fosters accountability for results while promoting the use of diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Comply with company/industry policies and standards.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum five years of experience developing and supporting Web Applications
- Experience with MVC a plus
- Hands-on experience with jQuery and Web Services
- Strong documentation and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with limited supervision
- Must be approved to work in the U.S.
Necessary Skills: For this position the following skills and abilities must be demonstrated at a proficient level:
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Adept at communicating complex concepts to non-technical audiences with varying skills sets
- Translate business requirements into functional solutions, and effectively execute those solutions.
- Maintain high degree of methodological rigor and analysis to support effective decision making
- Exhibit an emphasis to generate new ideas and approaches to client and/or business needs, anticipate changes in the business environment, and take appropriate and timely action.
- Think clearly and logically in stressful situations involving multiple concurrent complex problems.
- Interact with a multi-disciplined team of professionals.
- Effectively negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Effectively interface with peers, executives, and team members.
- Effectively interface and negotiate with contract organizations that support technology projects and initiatives.
- Apply project management principles in the effective planning and execution of projects of various scope and corporate impact.
- Exhibit technical competence in areas of responsibility.
- Positive history of participating in teams at multiple levels of responsibility.
Physical/mental demands and working conditions:This position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Occasional long, irregular hours.
- Extended periods of time working at a desktop or laptop computer.
It is the policy of the Company to comply with all employment laws and to afford equal employment opportunity to individuals in all aspects of employment, including in selection for job opportunities, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military service, protected veteran status, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws.