Citi Compliance Officer - Risk Assessment & Analytics in Irving, Texas
Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
Other Location: United States,Texas,Dallas
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Compliance and Control
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 16063037
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/mission-and-value-proposition.html explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/leadership-standards.html explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Risk Assessment & Analytics, a division of the Corporate Compliance Group, is responsible for overseeing the Compliance Risk Assessment process, a key element of Compliance's risk management framework. This role will be responsible for the annual project plan, process management, data analysis and year over year trending of risk assessment results. The position requires experience using business intelligence tools for data analysis, strong presentation skills, an understanding of Citi’s products and services, and knowledge of the various aspects of Compliance. This role will interact with subject matter experts within Compliance, AML, the lines of Business, and potential Technology to identify and analyze data elements, report findings or conclusions, and suggest approaches or factors for enhancing compliance risk models.
The role reports directly to the Compliance Director for Compliance Risk Assessment. This position will be accountable for assisting in the planning and execution of Compliance risk assessments including engaging with various stakeholders, reporting, and analysis of key data elements and risk indicators.
• Lead delivery and execution of Compliance risk assessments including collaboration on the design, and delivery of the risk assessments
• Develop survey and reporting templates to measure and report Compliance risk and controls across various products and geographies
• Participate and lead delivery and execution of AML data analysis for AML risk assessments including collaboration on the model design and analytics
• Work with technology, compliance, and business management teams to achieve risk assessment objectives
• Assist with the design and development of risk assessment reports that clearly articulate compliance risks and controls across a country, regional, business sector, product or enterprise wide for distribution to internal and external stakeholders, as warranted.
• Mine and clean data from various sources; identify trends and correlations; analyze and interpret results
• Demonstrate the ability to collaborate with team members and colleagues in executing a global initiative with cross functional stakeholders
• Deliver results to senior team and lead / engage compliance advisory members in discussion regarding business impact and plans to address areas of concern
• Effectively and proactively communicate important compliance risk information to senior level colleagues in the business, risk, and compliance
Exposure to the compliance risk management strategy for a global complex bank operating in approx 100 countries in high risk jurisdictions, providing products of various risk levels to clients and customers across a varied risk spectrum.
•A minimum of five years’ experience in financial services; assessing various aspects of Compliance risk for banking products
•Strong analytical, project management, and problem-solving skills; well organized with the demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
•Experience in performing enterprise or product specific risk assessments
•Enthusiastic, self-motivated and effective under pressure
•Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to distil complex information
•Skilled in root cause analysis and developing risk model strategies
•Strong presentation and relationship management skills
•Ability to learn new concepts quickly and adapt to shifting requirements and priorities
•Advanced skills with one or more of the following: Excel or SQL
•Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced degree (e.g. MS, MA, MBA, JD) preferred
•ACAMS certification preferred