Citi GCB Anti Money-Laundering Data Quality Engagement Leader in Irving, Texas
Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
Other Location: United States,Delaware,Wilmington; United States,Florida,Jacksonville; United States,Florida,Tampa; United States,Missouri,O'fallon; United States,Maryland,Hagerstown
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Risk Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 16037379
The GCB Anti Money-Laundering Data Quality Engagement Leader manages the implementation of data quality programs to support the Bank’s BSA/AML compliance programs including Transaction Monitoring and Know Your Customer.
The GCB Anti Money-Laundering Data Quality Engagement Leader works with Business Units, Compliance and Technology to understand and identify BSA/AML risk associated with missing or inaccurate data and implements data quality controls to mitigate this risk as well as improve operational performance.
The role also requires establishment of data quality controls in business systems that perform critical BSA/AML activities including customer onboarding systems, automated transaction monitoring systems and sanction screening systems.
Working within the GCB Data Governance Leaders and teams, this role will be responsible for providing guidance and oversight into AML data, data systems, and process improvements.
The role will work with Business, Operations and Technology stakeholders to identify AML critical data elements, define data quality rules, and implement data quality measurement and monitoring.
Work with Global AML Compliance stakeholders to ensure their data needs are met and that data quality issues originating from Consumer business processes are remediated in support of Compliance objectives.
Enhance AML data quality issue management and resolution processes to ensure data quality issues are identified, prioritized and remediated effectively.
Serve as a Subject Matter Expert on the individual data elements supporting AML used by Lines of Business, understanding data lineage, data transformation, reporting, and ultimately how it feeds into business decisions and actions.
Develop and implement a data quality scorecard covering AML Data Quality and Data Controls
Manage the Critical Data Element definition and change control process for AML.
Ensure criteria for AML Critical Data Elements are defined, agreed to and maintained.
Work with Global AML Compliance, AML and GCB AML PMO to develop a gold-copy of business-identified and Compliance-identified Critical Data Elements.
Ensure all CDEs are documented and registered with Chief Data Office with supporting artifacts.
Ensure duplicate CDEs are identified and reconciled to maintain integrity of GCB Critical Data Element list.
Create a process to track and monitor AML critical data elements to identify data issues and to provide insights on identified issues as how they might impact the data and business analysis.
Maintain the GCB global CDE inventory of AML CDEs and applicability to country and product.
Work with business units to ensure accurate and consistent mapping of global CDEs to regional data fields.
Work with Global Risk to define data quality rules. Clarifies rules by working with global teams; translate and document rules for technology to build in strategic data quality tool.
Test data quality rule execution and sign off for deployment to production.
• Superb ability in strategic thinking and the ability to frame business problems. Excellent communication skills & ability to work with senior management required.
• A strong collaborator with a demonstrated ability to influence broadly and challenge conventional thinking. Experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams. An influencer who communicates clearly and frequently to both technical analysts and non-technical business leaders
• Excellent project management skills required.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Math, Economics, Business
• Advanced degree preferred. (Masters or above in fields including but not limited to: Information Systems, Economics, Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics)
• 10+ years of analytical work experience preferred, with a strong understanding of data, databases, data tools (e.g. SAS, SQL, Ab Initio etc.) and data processing experience.
• Strong technical understanding of data architecture, data quality and related technologies along with data quality management principles
• Data quality business process improvement experience as it pertains to compliance and data quality initiatives
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Experience in consumer/retail banking or financial services
• Ability to think strategically, creatively problem solve, and the ability to engage resources outside of their direct control to achieve objectives
• Solid working knowledge of core business functions such as quality management, data management, business intelligence, and information technology
• Experience driving large-scale technology-based change initiatives, in consumer banking such as retail banking, credit cards, mortgage, investment products, small business and commercial banking
• Able to work well across multiple functional areas
• Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and to interface with internal and external resources to define requirements
• Project management and/or process reengineering experience in key bank functions such as sales, marketing, finance, risk, products, operations, technology or compliance
• Outstanding analytical and organizational skills with an attention to detail. Tenacity to identify the root cause of problems is essential
• Capability to quickly switch contexts between strategic and detailed analyses
• Willingness to pitch-in with other team members. Entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to objectively evaluate established business processes, policies and programs
• Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills