WageWorks Implementation Manager I - Contractor in Irving, Texas
Implementation Manager I - Contractor
Any WageWorks Office
OVERVIEW AND REPORTING RELATIONSHIP
Under moderate supervision, this position exercises latitude for independent action and discretion to coordinate, plan, document and manage implementation and solution projects of moderate complexity from initiation to delivery. Projects typically have a focus on a specific product or program line and incumbents frequently work closely and collaborate with external and/or internal customers to deliver projects against performance measures. Performance measures may include scope, quality, and scheduling targets.
REPORTING STRUCTURE & WORK SETTING
This position may reside in a Company location or remotely and provides centralized support to geographically diverse locations. This position typically reports to a manager or director of Implementation Services. At times, incumbents may also receive direction from more senior implementation management staff. The nature of the work entails that incumbents collaborate and work closely with implementation project team members. This includes cross-functional departments as well as clients.
OTHER REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES
- Develops project specifications and objectives from initiation to delivery for implementation projects of moderate complexity. This entails interface with clients and/or internal staff to produce functional specifications, design documents, and other blue prints for the project. Defines scope of efforts required to meet objectives and develops comprehensive and predictable project schedules. This includes analyzing, reviewing and forecasting project expenditures.
- Prepares, maintains and updates project plans, agendas and systems set-up for projects. This includes determining project steps, activities, the sequence of events, critical success paths, dependencies and the duration of tasks. Incumbents may collaborate with technical staff to estimate time requirements to complete project tasks and milestones. On a regular basis, updates the project plan with actuals and forecasts.
- Identifies and acquires appropriate resources needed, ensuring availability necessary for project deliverables. Manages resources within respective departments, other internal departments, outside service providers as well as materials committed to the projects. This may include collaboration with functional department managers to assemble project teams.
- Coordinates all implementation project matters and monitors progress on a daily basis. Assigns and documents project responsibilities ensuring that activity, integration and productivity are employed in the most efficient manner while still meeting project targets. Manages resources within respective departments and/or operations as well as materials committed to the projects to ensure that project milestones are met and completed on time.
- Performs various implementation tasks including plan survey completion, system set up, communications strategy consultation and materials delivery, and web-based system demonstrations and training sessions.
- Serves as a central point of contact to routinely relay, facilitate and keep stakeholders apprised of the project’s status and respond to questions or inquiries regarding the project. Maintains open communications and relationships with clients as well as the project team, coordinating and conducting meetings as appropriate. Conducts risk assessment of strategic, technical, financial, or business factors affecting the project. Monitors project deliverables and progress through the duration of the project plan, managing deviations as appropriate, including project scope. Identifies factors jeopardizing the project and escalates issues as appropriate, recommending solutions to senior project team members, managers of project management or directors.
MARGINAL DUTIES & ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS
Conducts post project reviews with participation and guidance from the implementation services management team to revisit the workflow, project successes and opportunities for improvement, moving forward.
Lends expertise and provides project advice based on experience and specialized knowledge respective to a particular operational function.
May provide sales support by lending expertise in the development of implementations and client solutions.
Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
A thorough knowledge and understanding of business and technology as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in a business or technology related major.
Formalized education or training in project management practices, theories, and processes is preferred. Formalized Project Management methodology and certification are desired.
WORK EXPERIENCE OR RELATED EXPERIENCE
- The ability to coordinate, plan, document and manage a services delivery or implementation project of moderate complexity as described, as normally obtained through three to five years of experience in a customer facing project management role.
- Specific experience evaluating, launching and administering HR, Benefits, Payroll or Financial Services software is strongly preferred.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the benefits industry, and bankcard operations is strongly preferred. Knowledge of pre-tax benefits, payroll and basic benefits accounting is also preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, and interpersonal skills are required to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels. Proven written and verbal communication skills are also required. The ability to lead customers through demonstrations and usage of transactional applications is also required.
- Excellent organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate, plan, monitor and manage projects as described. A good understanding of the scope and requirements of the project including system scope, project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member is required to effectively coordinate and manage the activities of the team.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks/priorities and the ability to work under specific time constraints are required.
- Incumbents should have a good attention to details and possess the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions to manage a project as described. A moderately high level of analytical and problem-solving skills are required. The ability to handle complex customer and system issues are essential.
- A solid knowledge and understanding of most areas of business operations and an aptitude for systems and technical capabilities are required.
- Incumbents should possess a good application knowledge and understanding of company programs, services and products. The ability to rapidly acquire and demonstrate good product knowledge is required. Additionally, a solid understanding of the company's development process, including design, programming and quality assurance is essential. Incumbents should also have a good understanding of the Company’s web based applications, file transfer methods and reporting capabilities.
- Proficiency with a PC, and advanced PC skills with business and communications software including Word, Excel, Access, and Microsoft Project are required.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS & CONDITIONS
Minimal travel is required. Required travel may be significantly greater as required by department and project needs.
Build Your Career at WageWorks!
When you work at WageWorks, you help people live happier, healthier, and more productive lives.
We help over 4.5 million people save money on critical expenses - like healthcare, child and elder care, and commuting - through benefits like Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, and Commuter Benefits provided through their employers. Over 58,000 employers have already chosen WageWorks to administer their Consumer-Directed Benefits, making us leader in the industry.
Why Work for WageWorks?
If you're looking for a career that provides plenty of growth opportunities, responsibility, and interesting challenges to tackle, you will find it here.
If you want to join a fast-moving, high-growth, exciting company that's a market leader, you’re looking in the right place.
But mostly, if you want to help people live happier, healthier, and more productive lives, then you’ll want to work for WageWorks.
WageWorks provides equal employment opportunity without regard to pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition, veteran or military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
Employment will require successful completion of a background check.
Equal Opportunity for Disabled Veterans, Recently Separated Veterans, Other Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans.
Drug free workplace.
Location: Irving, TX
Secondary Location(s): Remote
Employment Type: Contractor-Agency Worker
Job Code: 3242
# of Openings: 2