Citi Infrastructure Sr. Manager in Irving, Texas
Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16065913
The Senior Incident Manager is responsible for driving the activities related to the Major Incident Management (IcM) process; for Citi's franchise critical applications and services. The Senior Incident Manager is a functional role and provides a leadership focal point to lead, facilitate, coordinate and drive technical support resources using “Command & Control” methodology during an event to achieve resolution of the problem or disruption as quickly as possible to minimize impact to the business, customers, and the company.
An incident is an event that could lead to loss of, or disruption to, an organization's operations, services or critical business functions. If not managed, an incident can escalate into an emergency, crisis or even a disaster.
Citi is the world leading bank with 250,000 employees and manages over 200+ million customer accounts while operating in over 190 countries with 16,000+ offices worldwide. The Senior Major Incident Manager is responsible for leading, facilitating, and owning the response and the rapid resolution of incidents, where financial, reputational, or legal/regulatory impact to Citi is at risk. This role is responsible for understanding Citi's lines of business including customer segment, franchise critical services, and developing a solid understanding of the applications and infrastructure supporting those business units.
The Senior Major Incident Manager role is expected to use business/technology knowledge to rapidly execute the Incident Management process for all Major incidents in order to mitigate impact and reduce the Mean Time to Restore Service (MTRS). This includes:
• Establishing the capabilities to resolve the incident and restore service as rapidly as possible and driving all activities related to resolving the issue.
• Ensuring that the appropriate communications are sent to senior management and other stake holders, keeping them advised of the incident resolution progress and of the client impact.
• Making decisions required to reduce client impact.
There are nine (9) activities the Senior Major Incident Manager is directly involved with:
Identification - detect or reported the incident
Registration - the incident is registered in a IcM System
Categorization - the incident is categorized by severity
Prioritization - the incident is prioritized for better utilization of the resources
Diagnosis - reveal the full range of symptoms of the incident
Escalation - as the Support teams need additional support from leadership
Investigation - if no existing solution from the past is located, resolution is developed and implemented and the root cause analysis is conducted
Resolution and recovery - once the solution is developed, the incident is resolved
Incident closure - the registry entry of the incident in ServiceNow and then resolution is documented, and incident is closed by providing the end-status of the incident.
Some of the specific daily tasks that the Senior Incident Manager is engaged with:
• Facilitating and managing all SEV 1 and SEV 2 High, and SEV 2 incidents
• Scheduling and facilitating Reconvene meetings
• Incident Reviews to improve and ensure accuracy
• Creating, updating, and improving procedures such as Knowledge Based Articles (KBA)
The ideal individual in the Senior Incident Manager role will have:
• Extensive enterprise incident management experience across several IT disciplines
• a solid understanding of Citi’s lines of business with a primary focus of the institutional clients group / markets
• Knowledge of transactional banking preferred
Payments, wire transactions, and ACH
Letters of Credit
Third Party Custody
Commercial Banking / cards
• Knowledge and experience working with a wide-range of enterprise technologies, including but not limited to
o Distributed services (UNIX, LINUX, Windows, AS400, etc…),
o SQL and Oracle database architecture
o Network infrastructure including but not limited to switches, routers, load balancers, etc…
o Telephony infrastructure, VoIP, TCP/IP, SONET, PBX, ACD, etc…
o Mainframe hardware and platforms
o Middleware (message queues, ESBs)
o Storage (EMC, IBM, Hitachi, etc…), cloud-based file sharing, deduplication
o Proxy servers, web architecture and various virtualization infrastructure
o security operations, intrusion detection, firewalls, Single Sign On (SSO)
o Enterprise Service Management (ESM) platforms such as ServiceNow
The Senior Incident Manager is responsible for helping develop the Incident Management function, processes and procedures to ensure end-to-end service quality and “Best in Class” customer service.
Some of the more essential skills required for executing the objectives of the role are:
• Critical Thinking
• Deductive Reasoning
• Problem Solving
• Leadership – Capacity, Capability, and Competency (“Leaders inspire others to take action”)
• Unquestionable Command & Control presence
• Active Listening
• Maintaining a professional demeanor and attitude while being assertive
• Ability and confidence to act with decisiveness on critical decisions
• Exercise influence over a wide range of individuals at all levels of technical & business leadership
• Ability to multi-task and make sound judgments in a fast-paced, high stress environment.
• Ability to challenge information if the response does not fit the situation
• Excellent telephone, oral communication skills, strong verbal and written English
• Strong interpersonal & relationship building
• Ability to learn and develop quickly.
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
• Shift Oriented resulting in work across one or more shifts in a 24x7x365 operational team
• Drive all incidents globally until resolved using “Command & Control” methodology
• Manage support teams to address and resolve outages
• Help manage escalation notification and rapid communications to all senior executives and stakeholders across the company.
• Collaborate with local, regional, and global incident management (IcM) teams to share knowledge of people, process, and technology.
• Ensure all Incidents are accurately documented within ServiceNow records.
• Continuous process improvement while increasing service quality.
• proactively identify opportunities for improving Incident Management process “Faster, Better, Cheaper”
• Help establish, foster, and grow relationships with global business and technology organizations
• Increase technology, business unit, and organizational knowledge year over year.
• Help build close relationships with Service Assurance teams such as Problem Management
• 10 + years running incidents / situations / crisis events in a large, complex enterprise environment
• 10 years technical experience – preferably in leadership or a Subject Matter Expert (SME) contributor role in an application support or infrastructure organization
• 10+ years working in a process-driven environment
• 10-15 years of interacting with a demanding customer focused service delivery organization
• 10 years of experience with IT process related industry best practice service delivery framework and IT service management standards such as (such as ISO 20000-1:2005)
• Solid understanding of ITIL methodology and demonstrated proficient in the ITIL v3 framework
• Strong “Command & Control” presence
• Industry recognized trouble shooting methodology to be able to ask the right questions
• 10+ years of experience working in an IT Operations Command Center or Network Operations Center (NOC) for large enterprises
• University undergraduate BS/BA degree, however a Graduate (MBA) degree is preferred
• ITIL v3 Certification(s)
• CISCO certifications a plus
• CISSP certification a major plus
• Multi-lingual in English, Spanish, Portuguese a significant plus
• Military Service a significant plus