Citi Infrastructure Sr. Tech Analyst in Irving, Texas
Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 16040166
The incumbent will provide technical support for distributed batch scheduling support to all businesses across the Global regions. The person is responsible for the support of all batch applications & scheduling support to meet the production acceptance criteria and ensure the efficient execution in production. The incumbent will also be responsible to support and manage the global strategic solution (AutoSys R11.3). The supporting functions consists of Scheduling Technical Support, Change Management, Incident Mgmt., Problem Resolution, Quality control, New Users Implementation, Audit/Compliance Governance, COB tests, Rotational 724365 On-call Support, and Job Flow Analysis perspective. The Distributed Batch Management team forms part of Global Batch Management Services and therefore this role has a shared responsibility for the effective support of the GBMS Department. GBMS forms part of the global CTI Data Centres stream.
• Build a collaborative relationship with all business groups in support of their applications in order to meet the technology goals of providing a first class service to our customers – new apps/BAU/first point of interaction
• Provide Technical System Support for AutoSys R11.3 (base product), WCC – Workload Control Center (Web Interface), EEM (User Entitlements), JAWS (Critical Path Analysis product)
• Work with Distributed Batch Mgmt. Systems Support, Business Application teams to deliver scheduling solutions to effectively and efficiently meet the business needs
• Support new user implementation & onboarding by guiding the users on Scheduling Life Cycle
• Execute Change Management requests by ensuring the scheduling jobs meets the Global scheduling standards
• Manage User Presentations, provide user community training/end user education by hosting lunch n learn/Demo sessions and creating self service training materials via Sharepoint & GLMS
• Work on maintainance activities i.e. system patches, reboots & DB maintenance
• Support product problem determination when jobs/schedules don’t run as expected
• Assist in problem troubleshooting/root cause Analysis
• Provide On-Call rotational 724365 technical Support
• Support migration/conversions of applications to global strategic solution (AutoSys R11.3) and coordinate agent installations, batch testing & deployments
• Support COB Site Tests and assist Application teams to develop/test Business Continuity strategy
• To establish regional focus groups to develop processes that meet the business requirements whilst also maintaining control of risks and adhering to Citi Information Security policies
• To ensure all internal/external audits meet satisfactory levels across the enterprise by supporting compliance processes & requirements
• To ensure the global strategy is enforced in the use of standard processes and tools to deliver an effective and efficient service to our customers
• Enforce global scheduling standards to ensure optimal deployment on the distributed scheduling infrastructure ensuring scalability, availability and performance ensuring the same can be clearly communicated to our internal/external customers.
• To gain and maintain technical capabilities to ensure effective support both for the Data Centre and the business.
• Ensure the COB strategy is reviewed and exercised regularly and designed to provide maximum uptime for all businesses. To ensure improvements are made to the strategy to reduce the business impact.
• To develop a feedback process with the applications and developement teams to ensure lessons learned from production scheduling failures are detected and eliminated prior to implementing into production.
• Ensure all regional change control requests meet SLA’s commitments in support of our businesses. Bilingual in Spanish is preferable to support Latam and Mexico region.
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/mission-and-value-proposition.html explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/leadership-standards.html explain how we do it. Ourmissionis to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
The job holder should be able to demonstrate a wide range of skills across the Data Centre disciplines and be able to challenge other technology groups with logical questioning.
• Standard skills in Microsoft products are expected
• A general overview of products used across the Citi environments is an advantage
• Able to grasp complexities and see relationships among problems or events
• Carefully reviews several alternatives when making important decisions and demostrates good judgment and “business sense” in choosing alternatives and making final decisions.
• Accurately anticipates and identifies problems/issues and determines possible causes, generates and carries out solutions
• Applied skills in running AutoSys on UNIX/Wintel Platforms, Oracle relational DB, Sybase
• Preferable knowledge in shell scripting (sh, ksh, csh), Perl & CGI, HTML
• The skill sets in system administration & hardware knowledge of LINUX, SUN, AIX, Windows O/S, Oracle SQLPLUS, Web/Internet experience, Network knowledge base: 3DNS load balancing, network aliases, power broker, Microsoft Project is a plus
• An experienced operations technologist with an appreciation of all data centre disciplines and familiar with ITIL service management. Bilingual in Spanish is preferable.