Citi Infrastructure Tech Specialist in Irving, Texas
Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16057461
• Drive complex deployments of Chef while working side by side with the customers to solve their unique problems across a variety of use cases.
• Collaborate across the entire Citi organization to bring access to product and technical teams, drive and delivered innovation gathered from customer input.
• Strong ability to document completely and accurately at all levels of solution development and implementation, following procedural steps, as directed, to assure compliance with Federal guidelines, policies, and laws, including those that drive Sarbanes Oxley regulations as well as OCC regulations and internal company policies.
• Work with key business and IT customers to create critical queries for diagnostic use.
• Maintain the operational health of the CI/CD environment
• Evangelize DevOps methodology to Technical, Business and Executive Management teams
• Create queries, reports and dashboards focused on environment comparison
• Support and maintain CI/CD pipelines in a highly available, geospanning configuration
• Support standardized ChefClient deployment, configuration and maintenance across a variety of UNIX and Windows platforms
• Maintain and extend the cookbooks and recipes that build the CI/CD pipelines
• Mentor Chef users and power users in improving /writing their cookbooks and recipes
• Grow a DevOps culture inside the enterprise through the internal social site, a weekly “recipe hackalong” webex, etc.
• Assist internal users of Chef in designing and maintaining productionquality package deployments
• Troubleshoot Git, Chef, Jenkins and Chef agent problems and issues
• Report on server infrastructure for capacity planning and optimization
• Improve Team’s core systems performance and troubleshooting practices
• Maintain Chef and Jenkins environment to current vendor recommended version levels.
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/mission-and-value-proposition.html explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/leadership-standards.html explain how we do it. Ourmissionis to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
• 6+ years extensive experience in architecting or deploying Chef, Puppet, Ansible or other Configuration Management tools.
• Extensive experience in using Git, Mercurial, Darcs, Bazaar or other Distributed Versioning tools.
• Knowledge of CI/CD tools to streamline complex workflows, track results, and iterate based on data.
• 2+ years of Ruby, Perl, or Python coding background
• 3+ years working with data center or enterprise scale systems
• Broad industry knowledge of application delivery and management
• Understanding of cloud computing concepts is a must.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication is a must.
• Understanding of Network Firewalls, Load balancers, and complex network designs is a plus.
• Solid Operational Knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems. AIX is a plus.
• Prior experience in the Financial Services industry is a plus.
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, enterprise environment.
• Bachelor’s degree required.