Citi Infrastructure Tech Specialist_Enterprise Storage in Irving, Texas
Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job ID: 16026566
The Enterprise Storage Team maintains Enterprise Disk & Tape infrastructure and interfaces with other Citigroup Technology Infrastructure (CTI) support groups. They work in collaboration with other Enterprise technology teams and with applications development groups located throughout the world.
• Architect enterprise storage solutions for new or existing processing environments and applications. Both DASD & Tape
• Define storage requirements based on technical and business project requirements.
• Lead integration coordination for Enterprise Storage resources.
• Provide ongoing technical support of enterprise storage Tape & Disk subsystems.
• Manage storage configuration changes following standard CTI change control processes.
• Work with & support other technical groups to provide end-to-end service and problem identification/resolution.
• Support the Hotline/On-Call problem management & support process.
• Help to identify, develop and implement new or improved processes to streamline operations, increase quality and availability of services.
• Provide technical support during the normal working day. Provide on-call, weekend, and off-hour support to meet agreed SLAs. Satisfy any on-site support requirements as needed.
• Evaluate new enterprise storage hardware and software, research ways and means of improving performance and monitoring, increase reliability, make recommendations to management and implement innovations as appropriate.
• Monitor the performance of the storage infrastructure, initiate remedial action where necessary, adhering to the standard CTI change control and escalation procedures.
• Produce & maintain clear technical documentation.
• Develop plans supporting Life-Cycle-Management of storage resources.
• Develop & Maintain Management, Chargeback, and Utilization Reporting.
• Convene & conduct meetings, develop project plans, manage projects to completion and meet agreed target dates.
• Comply with all audit & compliance requirements. Ensure full compliance with all local-regional-global regulatory policies, processes and procedures.
• Provide subject matter expertise and backup support to co-workers in the Enterprise Storage Mgmt team.
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
• Minimum 7+ years of relevant work experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
• IBM z/OS utilities & JCL.
• DFSMSdfp, DFSMShsm, DFSMSdss.
• DFSMSrmm, CA-1.
• TREX, SAS/MXG, TDMF & zDMF
• Monitors: CA-Vantage, RMF, Omegamon.
• IBM GDPS, EMC SRDF, HDS HUR
• Microsoft Office, Sharepoint.
• DASD and Tape infrastructure in relation to Mainframe environments.
• IBM DS8K, EMC VMAX, HDS USPV.
• IBM TS3584 & TS7700.
• Continuity of Business.
• Backup/Restore processes.
• Tape & Disk Replication.
• IBM GDPS/MzGM.
• IBM TS7700 Grid.
• Capacity Management.
• Performance Management.
• Audit & Controls.
• Project Management.
• Finance: accounting, TCAPS, PEP, P2P.
• Fluent English.
This position is local to Irving TX. Relocation is not budgeted for this position. Candidates from outside of the area must be able to relocate themselves. Relocation assistance will not be provided.