Citi Loan Specialist II in Irving, Texas
Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Job Function: Operations
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16063156
We’re looking for a Loan Specialist II to join our world-class team
The Loan Specialist II position will hold responsibilities within the collateral department, which will entail securing collateral asset pledged by the borrower to provide security for repayment of a loan. This position will report directly to the Collateral Segment Manager in Commercial Loan Operations.
Be a part of the work we do to enable progress around the globe
For the past 200 years at Citi, we have a drive to help clients move from ambition to achievement. Our company has been one of the foundational components of today’s modern financial infrastructure—this gives us a level of unmatched expertise in tackling the world’s most complex challenges and connecting across capabilities to enable lasting progress for our clients.
We attract and nurture local talent from all over the world, ensuring our people are both deeply attuned to regional needs but also bring a global mindset to help clients, communities and nations move forward. Our culture is fueled by men and women with the passion to push beyond borders and boundaries, and the wisdom and courage to do what’s right.
Citi’s Commercial Bank embodies our unique purpose as the global bank of choice for trade-oriented, mid-sized companies who see us as trusted thought partners that bring simplicity in an increasingly complex world, client-centric solutions for long-term growth and pave the way for them to reach across borders and achieve their global vision.
Did you know…
That Citi helped devise a plan and funded The Public Lighting Authority of Detroit to re-illuminate the city? See what else we’ve achieved to enable progress for our clients: citi.com/history.
A Successful Loan Specialist II should demonstrate the following behaviors
Develops our People: Builds talent and teams for Citi by creating a culture of meritocracy and transparency, and celebrating excellence, initiative and courage
Drives Value for Clients: Enables economic value and positive social impact for clients, companies, governments, and communities
Works as a Partner: Works collaboratively across the firm and encourages others to achieve the best results for Citi and our clients
Champions Progress: Champions a culture of high standards, pushes for progress, embraces change and challenges the status quo in support of Citi’s vision and global strategy
Lives our Values: Ensures systematically responsible outcomes while driving performance and balancing short and long term risks
Delivers Results: Sets high standards and achieves performance objectives by creating a clear path toward ethical and sustainable results
On a daily basis, a Loan Specialist II will be responsible for the following
The primary responsibilities of this position is to ensure that all collateral pledged to secure a loan is monitored, tracked, insured, and managed as directed by credit, compliance, and federal guidelines and regulations.
Understand pre-documentation searches and insurance controls.(i. e. title commitments, flood, tax, UCC searches, etc…)
· Perfect Bank collateral in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
· Monitor and maintains the insurance coverage in accordance with applicable, procedures, laws, and regulations.
· Maintains all insurance coverage for all existing and new loans. Accurately updates the tickler system daily with new and renewed insurance for all loans.
· Maintain and improve customer relations by responding quickly to customer inquiries and requests for problem resolution and by accurate, courteous and efficient handling of all transactions.
Development opportunities may include further advancement to cross functional training within the maintenance, workflow assignment, and booking departments. As well as gaining additional knowledge of federal regulations policies and procedures to further knowledge within banking.
A successful Loan Specialist II has these skills
· Knowledge of securing collateral and perfecting liens
· Strong working knowledge of Hazard and Flood insurance coverage, regulations, and policies.
· Some experience with multiple perils and types of insurance exposures
· Must exhibit understanding of banking policies and procedures
· Must use Word and Excel programs effectively
· Ability to multi-task required
· Must have the ability to work effectively and professionally with relationships internal as well as external to Citi.
· Must demonstrate sound judgment and communication skills, both oral and written
· Must be able to work collaboratively with other departments to meet goals
· High School diploma or GED
· Three or more years of banking experience, including working knowledge of commercial loans.
· Three or more years working with loan documentation and the relationship to collateral