Citi Loan Specialist III in Irving, Texas
Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Job Function: Operations
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16067603
This position is vital to continue the departmental success of meeting deadlines and maintaining current service levels Current volume warrants this individual and this position is accounted for in the existing budget plan. Immediate replacement is being requested as the complexity of the position requires significant new hire training in the processing of commercial loans and eight week training is required to function semi-independently.
Be a part of the work we do to enable progress around the globe
For the past 200 years at Citi, we have a drive to help clients move from ambition to achievement. Our company has been one of the foundational components of today’s modern financial infrastructure—this gives us a level of unmatched expertise in tackling the world’s most complex challenges and connecting across capabilities to enable lasting progress for our clients.
We attract and nurture local talent from all over the world, ensuring our people are both deeply attuned to regional needs but also bring a global mindset to help clients, communities and nations move forward. Our culture is fueled by men and women with the passion to push beyond borders and boundaries, and the wisdom and courage to do what’s right.
Citi’s Commercial Bank embodies our unique purpose as the global bank of choice for trade-oriented, mid-sized companies who see us as trusted thought partners that bring simplicity in an increasingly complex world, client-centric solutions for long-term growth and pave the way for them to reach across borders and achieve their global vision.
Did you know…
That Citi helped devise a plan and funded The Public Lighting Authority of Detroit to re-illuminate the city? See what else we’ve achieved to enable progress for our clients: citi.com/history.
A Successful Loan Specialist III should demonstrate the following behaviors
Develops our People: Builds talent and teams for Citi by creating a culture of meritocracy and transparency, and celebrating excellence, initiative and courage
Drives Value for Clients: Enables economic value and positive social impact for clients, companies, governments, and communities
Works as a Partner: Works collaboratively across the firm and encourages others to achieve the best results for Citi and our clients
Champions Progress: Champions a culture of high standards, pushes for progress, embraces change and challenges the status quo in support of Citi’s vision and global strategy
Lives our Values: Ensures systematically responsible outcomes while driving performance and balancing short and long term risks
Delivers Results: Sets high standards and achieves performance objectives by creating a clear path toward ethical and sustainable results
On a daily basis, a Loan Specialist III will be responsible for the following
· Originates and services complex loan structures and set up including fee application, fee and interest pricing, billing schedules, letters of credit, multi-currency loans and collateral using bank applications and systems to book loan.
· Acts as advisor with various business partners.
· Transactions are highly complex involving multiple banks.
· CLO must work closely with Loan Syndications, Relationship Manager, Credit Admin, Credit, Global Trade Services, Legal, Finance, Accounting, Risk and Compliance.
· Reviews, interprets and analyzes attorney prepared loan and collateral documents.
· Knowledge of deal closing process and the ability to lead, execute and facilitate an agented deal closing including review of critical closing documents, sending closing and funding notices to member banks meeting short funding guidelines.
A successful Loan Specialist III has these skills
· Strong comprehensive understanding of attorney prepared loan documents.
· Be highly efficient in processing transactions in AFS, Vision, Stucky and other bank applications
· Be able to effectively review and research requests and be able to process all maintenance transactions needed
· Have the ability to work with both internal and external customers directly
· Be able to problem solve and articulate resolutions to both internal and external clients.
· Have a financial services background and an understanding of DB/CR entries.
· Be proficient and professional in written correspondence.
· High School Diploma/GED required