Siemens Mechanical Engineer in Irving, Texas
Division Logistics and Airport Solutions
Job Type Regular
Business Unit Logistics and Airport Solutions
Job Time Full-Time
Functional Area ENG - Engineering
Experience Level Senior Level
Req ID 159390
Required Education Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
Location TX - Irving
Required Travel 20%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
Siemens is currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Postal Automation design team in Irving, TX. The successful candidate will be responsible for architecture, design, development, and verification of a wide array of custom industrial automation solutions for leading edge automation equipment.
This position is for a mechanical engineer that has in depth knowledge of mechanical system/machine design specific to industrial applications. Experienced in mechanisms, structural design, component and assembly design. Expert in all fabrication processes including machining, sheet metal, welding, casting and molding. Strong analytical skills and FEA experience. Strong 3d CAD skills, preferably NX.
• Participate in the design, development and evaluation of mechanical systems.
• Design machines with servo motors, gears, belt drives, bearings, lights and whistles.
• Create and analyze technical reports necessary to document the steps of the design process.
• Write specifications.
• Perform design reviews with primary stake holders.
• Perform conceptualization, layout, detailed design and assemblies in 3d NX.
• Create TDP for the product.
• Perform FEA and kinematic analysis.
• Create test plan, perform testing program, document test results.
• Exhibit an ability to diagnose issues with running equipment.
• In addition, utilizing this information, determine root cause and corrective action to resolve issues.
• Candidate shall be capable of providing a detailed bill of materials, which result in increased equipment availability and reliability.
•BS or higher in mechanical engineering from an accredited college or university.
•Minimum 2-5 years of relevant engineering experience
• Preferred experience or course work in the areas of equipment design and manufacture, machine shop principles, and machine repair practices.
• Hands on experience with 3D CAD design systems (knowledge of NX is preferred) to aid in the design process.
• Strong analytical skills and theoretical background in mechanical systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong team player
• Ability to travel 20% domestically.
Siemens encourages qualified long-term unemployed individuals to apply for open positions.
Offer of employment with Siemens is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, disability status, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law:
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm to learn more. at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision:
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. Click at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNoticeJRFQA508c.pdf here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNoticeJRFQA508c.pdf to learn more. at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf