CTG MicroStrategy Developer in Irving, Texas
Title: MicroStrategy Developer
Job Number: 16207534
Role: MicroStrategy Developer
Location: Irving, TX
Only GC's & Citizens
MicroStrategy Developer will work with internal departments to develop and
generate reports to meet business needs and provide timely Business
Intelligence information. The role requires the candidate to completely
understand complex large scale data models for an enterprise system and the
underlying business processes and produce reports in various formats.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
in the full software development life cycle and provide expertise in
• Analyze, design and build business intelligence solutions using MicroStrategy
platform and databases technologies likeTeradata.
• Work with Business users to gather business requirements.
• Work with Business Systems Analyst and QA teams to ensure programming code
meets business requirements.
• Work with other lead members on the team to perform analysis and design of
• Design and build MicroStrategy project, schema objects, reports, web &
mobile dashboards and documents.
• Perform unit/load testing, deployment and implementation of the solutions
using the above technologies.
• Modify existing applications to adapt it to new hardware or upgrades.
• Support existing applications and resolve application issues.
• Meet with internal departments to gather reporting requirements and ad hoc
• Develop impactful reports and dashboards using MicroStrategy Developer and
• Design layout of reports and determine the best way to present data to end
• Document reports clearly and concisely for end-users
• Ability to build reports and dashboards from high level & detail design
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
• Ability to be careful and thorough with detail.
• Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment.
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, fluently in
• Ability to analyze information and use logic to address work related issues
• Highly proficient in writing complex yet efficientSQL.
• Strong analytical and communication skills with the enthusiasm to learn the
inner workings of a large complex system
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills to effectively work in a
• Highly organized with ability to multi task and motivated with sharp customer
• Results-Driven with ability to take initiatives and meet deadlines in a
rapidly changing and growing environment
• Experience with Health Care claim processing is preferred but not
degree in related field or equivalent work experience
• 4 years of report development experience using MicroStrategy Developer and
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG’s greatest asset is our people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT