Nationstar Mortgage Property Preservation Specialist II in Irving, Texas
The mortgage industry, which has long been characterized by excessive paperwork, poor customer service, and resistance to change is awakening to a simple truth: Companies that provide the best customer experience win. Therein lies the opportunity - not just to create a better mortgage company, but to reimagine the home ownership lifecycle and create an integrated home services company and a world-class consumer brand.
Nationstar’s transformation is a recognition that its next generation home lending brand must represent the trusted, personal relationship customers want. Drawing on our experience as the fourth largest mortgage servicer in the country, our goal is to be advocates for the people who see home ownership as a part of their American dream by being the home loan partner that makes the journey less worrisome and more rewarding – every step of the way.
How do we do it?
By embodying our core values – Challengers of convention, Champions for our customers and Cheerleaders for our team.
Property Preservation Specialist II
Location:Horizon Way - Irving, TX - HRZNW
This position is responsible to provide oversight to ensure that properties are regularly inspected and maintained according to agency regulations, city ordinances and internal guidelines.
The position requires candidate to have working knowledge of the FHA property preservation guidelines, possess strong decision making skills and be detail oriented. Candidate must be able to work at a fast pace and ensure strict agency guidelines and timeframes are met to prevent losses.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Review loan status and activity to determine if necessary to continue preservation action
· Order, review and follow-up on inspections and preservation work according to agencyand internal guidelines.
· Coordinate utility connection, termination and payment
· Advise Hazard Insurance Dept. of risk changes and damaged properties
· Complete required form and submit over-allowable bids and extensions for approval
- Review and process invoices, including ensuring proper approval was received and disputing incorrect charges.
· Research and respond to customer complaints and violations notices
· Research address discrepancies
· Complete required forms and register vacant properties according to city ordinance
· Remain up to date on agency guidelines
· Demonstrates professional behavior and teamwork, in punctual, dependable and adheresto company policies and procedures
- Accepts other duties as assigned
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or equivalent. Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience & education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of this job.
Strong knowledge of FHA, VA, FNMA, FHLMC and PMI regulations
· Strong decision making and problem solving skills
· Strong research skills
· Must be able to follow-up and complete a task thoroughly
· Must be able to multi-task and work accurately in a fast paced environment
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
· Basic knowledge of PC’s and related software such as Word and Excel
· Ability to handle confidential material
Minimum of 2 years of default servicing experience.
Minimum of 1 year experience with Property Preservation and agency guidelines required.