Caliber Home Loans REO Repair Specialist in Irving, Texas
Job Title: REO Repair Specialist
Requisition Number: 5540
Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is a full-service national mortgage lender and agency direct seller/servicer. Caliber originates loans through various channels and transaction types, including a network of retail branches, wholesale lending, correspondent and emerging banker lending, and a consumer-direct centralized operation specializing in a variety of loan programs for purchase and refinance such as conforming, jumbo, and government products. Caliber also offers innovative servicing solutions for both conforming and non-conforming loans. Caliber is led by a veteran senior management team that consists of mortgage banking professionals with a history of building successful national mortgage operations. Caliber is owned by Lone Star Funds, a global private equity fund.
The REO Repair Specialist supports the REO department by developing general contractors and other vendors relative to property inspections and repairs along with repair bid reviews on REO assets. He or she will develop and implement strategies to repair assigned inventory in according with corporate policies and objectives.
- Maintain current database of General Contractors and other repair related vendors, track performance of these vendors and develop new repair-related vendors as needed.
- Develop general list of material specifications and pricing to be used by Asset Managers, Agents and Contractors.
- Review and evaluate repair bids for REO assets with repair strategies.
- Negotiate repair bids as needed.
- Document all necessary review notes and communications to Equator.
- Assists with new REO employee training related to repair scopes, obtaining appropriate inspections and bids.
- Ability to work effectively and interact positively with REO Asset Managers, management staff and other internal and external customers.
- Self-directed, motivated with limited supervision, solid decision making and analytical skills.
- Adaptable, flexible and detail oriented.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- 5+ years of experience in the mortgage industry specifically related to REO asset management, repairs and construction.
- Possess a clear understanding of real estate values, financing and the contributory value of repairs.
- Current, working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, including: Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Associate's degree or 2 years of college preferred
- Knowledge of code violations preferred
- 1+ years of working with Equator a plus
Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is focused on being the best mortgage company in the United States and winning through talent. Caliber is committed to diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Visit us at www.CaliberHomeLoans.com to learn more.