Citi Senior Compliance Officer - Electronic Records Management in Irving, Texas
Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
Other Location: United States,Florida,Tampa; United States,New York,Buffalo
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Compliance and Control
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 16066948
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/mission-and-value-proposition.html explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/leadership-standards.html explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Corporate Compliance Group (CCG), a unit of Citi Compliance, has the mission of executing core, foundational compliance risk management programs that apply to Citi on an enterprise-wide basis, across business lines, legal entities, global functions, and geographies, with three primary components: Prudential Compliance Risk: Promoting compliance risk management with respect to enterprise-wide regulatory requirements to maintain the safety and soundness of Citi’s operations; Privacy and Information Compliance Risk: Protecting Citi’s information assets, supporting trust in our brand and enabling innovation through compliance programs and controls that promote the fair, ethical and lawful collection, use, sharing and maintenance of information; and Assessment of Compliance Risk: Delivering a centralized and consistent approach to assessing, measuring and classifying Citi’s compliance risks enterprise-wide.
This role is part of the Privacy & Information Compliance (PIC) Team, within CCG. PIC brings together compliance activities related to Privacy, Records Management, Technology and Data Governance, with the goal of holistically managing information-related risks to enable innovation and support trust in Citi’s brand.
Records Management at Citi is about managing the Company’s records through the full records lifecycle, according to a controlled, defensible and repeatable processes.
This position will be responsible for developing and managing an enterprise-wide electronic records management program for Citi, including leading a cross-functional team to develop approaches, standards and technology for implementation. Additionally, this position will be responsible for developing and maintaining Records Management Program documentation
Specifically, this role will be responsible to:
• Lead cross-functional team to develop and execute a sustainable business and technology plan to manage electronic records and information, including deletion, to support compliance with Citi’s Records Management, Privacy & Confidentiality, and Third Party Management policies. This includes developing risk-based approaches for managing data, and socializing, planning, implementing, controlling, challenging, measuring and reporting against the plan.
• Contribute significant subject matter expertise, and be a thought leader in, electronic records management for both structured and unstructured data, and in privacy and information compliance topics.
• Develop, update and maintain the Records Management Policy and associated Records Management program documentation.
• Analyze, mine, correlate and interpret data related to the Records Management Program.
• Effectively and proactively communicate important compliance risk information to senior level colleagues in the business, risk, and compliance
This position reports directly to the Global Head of Records Management.
Exposure to the privacy and information compliance risk management strategy for a global complex bank operating in over 100 countries in high risk jurisdictions, providing products of various risk levels to clients and customers across a varied risk spectrum.
• At least 10 years of broad based organizational experience across multiple disciplines with a strong emphasis in data/records management.
• Experience in highly regulated and complex global organization.
• Experience in leading and motivating staff and project teams in a matrix environment with the ability to manage, juggle and prioritize multiple projects/assignments.
• Strong analytical, project management, and problem-solving skills; well organized with the demonstrated ability to multiple initiatives simultaneously and meet deadlines
• Must have a strong understanding of inter-relationship of process, governance, risk and operations.
• Exceptional communication and influencing skills. The ability to interact with diverse, senior leaders and influence change within the organization. Must be able to take complex and abstract information and formulate into a clear and concise messages delivered to all levels and audience.
• Strong process orientation and analytical/problem-solving skills, good judgment and common sense.
• Ability to learn new concepts quickly and adapt to shifting requirements and priorities
• Advanced skills with one or more of the following: Excel, Access, Business Objects, SQL
• Bachelor's Degree required