Citi Senior Vice President of Product Management: NextGen Platform in Irving, Texas
Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job ID: 16048798
The Global Consumer Bank Digital organization is seeking a sharp, talented and energetic Senior Vice President to lead a team of product managers and deliver against ambitious business objectives. As the Senior Vice President of Product Management for the Digital Platform, provide platform, product and customer experience leadership in a fast-paced, start-up-style environment. Need a pragmatic visionary who can rapidly translate business needs into reality.
Citibank is one of the largest digital banks in the world, spanning over 140 countries and holds over 200,000 customer accounts. The diversity of businesses within Citibank (Retail Bank, Cards, Mortgage, Investments etc.), within each of these countries presents a large portfolio of customer needs to be delivered through elegant experiences. We believe that building a world-class banking and financial technology platform is the only way to support Citibank’s unlimited growth potential, while continuing to provide excellent service to both internal businesses and external stakeholders.
As the Senior Vice President of Product Management you will lead a team of Technical Product Managers and engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative financial platform products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
The Senior Vice President of Product Management will be responsible for the overall vision, technical capabilities and roadmap of the Global Consumer Bank’s platform. You will engage with businesses around the World, and shape business and product requirements in to platform requirements. You will own the overall platform business plans and roadmaps (year over year, 3 year plans, long term vision), driving product development for new initiatives, making appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, maintaining the product roadmap, and clearly communicating goals, roles, responsibilities and desired outcomes throughout the company.
Candidates must have excellent product and platform instincts and communication skills coupled with a passion for business, technology while delivering a world-class customer experience. Candidates will have a demonstrated track record managing all aspects of a successful software or technology product or platform throughout its lifecycle, including product strategy development, customer insights/needs, and requirements definition. Candidates should have strong data-driven analytical skills and be able to operate and thrive with partial information and ambiguity and have a track record of building successful teams.
Ideal candidates will have a background in high-throughput, distributed cloud transaction processing platforms; at least 10 years demonstrated work experience, great analytical skills, strong business judgment, superb communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to resolve conflicts and set priorities, and outstanding customer insight and preferably and MBA.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 10+ years relevant work experience, including product management experience, including minimum of 5 years of management experience
• Experience shaping business strategy for technical products or services
• Demonstrated ability to define, prioritize and deliver best in class software service products
• Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
• Capacity to develop, and maintain comprehensive set of business plans and financial models.
• The ability to succeed in a cross-matrixed organization that relies on building support in other groups
• Capacity to adapt to shifting goals and activities. Capacity to manage multiple activities in parallel.
• Self-starter with the ability to define goals and strategies with minimal management oversight.
• Willingness to take risks to develop a business in unchartered waters, ambition to build a new