Citi Software Development Manager in Irving, Texas
Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 16054781
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/mission-and-value-proposition.html explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/leadership-standards.html explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
The Global Consumer Bank’s Digital organization is seeking a sharp, talented and energetic Software Development Managers to lead the delivery of an ambitious digital roadmap. As a Software Development Manager, you'll provide platform, product and customer experience leadership in a fast-paced, start-up-style environment. You'll need to be a pragmatic visionary who can rapidly translate business needs into reality. You will own the development of the next generation Digital products and platform to connect consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses worldwide and enable a secure and convenient digital experience.
As a Development manager, you will identify, hire and build a world-class team of Development Engineers to define, drive and execute on this vision. You will initiate processes that allow the team to collaborate with local as well as global teams with a high degree of efficiency. You will develop a team of highly motivated and talented individuals that can collaborate with Project Managers, Product Managers and other Software Development Engineers across the company. You will design, build and own mobile-first features and programs that will delight our customers.
Ideal candidates will have a background in high-throughput, distributed cloud transaction processing platforms; at least 10 years demonstrated work experience, great analytical skills, strong business judgment, superb communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to resolve conflicts and set priorities, and outstanding customer insight. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex projects with significant bottom line impact
• Work with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities for the seller community on amazon.in marketplace that helps them succeed in their business goals.
• Work closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
• Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
• Project management - prioritization , planning of projects and features, Stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
• Operational Excellence - monitoring & operation of production services
• Career management and development of direct reports
• Computer Science / Engineering Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 10+ years relevant work experience, including product management experience, including minimum of 5 years of management experience
• Experience shaping business strategy for technical products or services
• Demonstrated ability to define, prioritize and deliver best in class software service products
• Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
• The ability to succeed in a cross-matrixed organization that relies on building support in other groups
• Capacity to adapt to shifting goals and activities. Capacity to manage multiple activities in parallel.
• Self-starter with the ability to define goals and strategies with minimal management oversight.
• Willingness to take risks to develop a business in unchartered waters, ambition to build a new reference for the payment industry
• Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others, a proven leader
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; Data driven and results-oriented
• A proven track record of leading a visionary strategy to deliver global, company-wide platform services at enterprise large scales
• Direct experience managing high traffic, high transaction volume systems
• Experience in affecting large culture change
• MBA with technology or product concentration preferred