Siemens Sr Sales Application Engineer in Irving, Texas
Division Logistics and Airport Solutions
Job Type Regular
Business Unit Logistics and Airport Solutions
Job Time Full-Time
Functional Area SA - Sales/Sales Support
Experience Level Senior Level
Req ID 159101
Required Education Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
Location TX - Irving
Required Travel 30%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
The successful candidate is a technical expert, who will be responsible for fostering growth of Courier/Express/Parcel services including Mobile-Pro and providing front-end technical sales support for the parcel, distribution and warehouse channels.
The following responsibilities and skills describe the requirements for this position:
• Early involvement with target customers to influence their specifications and drive the acceptance of Siemens services.
• Assist with technical business development activities involving such matters as budgetary proposal development, pricing strategy, risk assessment and technical sales strategies.
• Participate in account planning activities with Siemens Sales and Business Development Managers to ensure the best technical solution strategies for growth are established and implemented through value proposition development.
• Establish and maintain close ties with customers to become a Siemens technical advisor.
• Evaluate customer needs and develop cost-effective technical applications to achieve customer adoption of Siemens P&C products, solutions and systems.
• Execute business segment strategies to achieve growth/profitability objectives and increase customer satisfaction.
• Provide technical guidance and training to customers and develop associated recommendations for ongoing business growth.
The candidate shall have:
• BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent or equivalent experience.
• Typically 5 – 8 years of experience in the design and configuration of service systems as well direct working knowledge in implementing these solutions.
• Strong technical knowledge of Material Handling equipment and processes.
• Strong communication skills
• Motivated and creative in the development of solutions for unique customer opportunities.
The candidate must be authorized to work in the US with no sponsorship required.
Siemens encourages qualified long-term unemployed individuals to apply for open positions.
Offer of employment with Siemens is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, disability status, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law:
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm to learn more. at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision:
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. Click at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNoticeJRFQA508c.pdf here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNoticeJRFQA508c.pdf to learn more. at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf