Citi SVP, Tax Sr. Manager in Irving, Texas
Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Finance
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16025335
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/mission-and-value-proposition.html explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/leadership-standards.html explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
The responsibilities/skills of this position include but are not limited to:
Manage a team of 6 tax professionals
Manage the monthly and quarterly tax accrual process for Citigroup’s US subsidiaries
Validate general ledger tax account activity on a monthly basis
Preparation and review of separate company annual audited financial statements
Track separate company tax attributes and tax liability settlement
Ensure that OCI tax items are accurately reported on a monthly basis
Interact with senior tax and finance leadership teams
1) A minimum of Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Tax, or related field, advanced degree in Accounting/Taxation or MBA a plus
2) A minimum of 12 years of progressive experience in tax accounting with U.S.-based multinational financial services companies and/or public accounting firms. Experience must include preparation, review, and analysis of income tax provisions and footnotes, and SOX 404; significant exposure to state and local tax accounting, international tax accounting, and general tax accounting issues.
3) Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to interface with tax and non-tax senior management
4) Excellent organizational and project management skills, analytical skills, and ability to deliver high quality final products
5) Ability to handle multiple tasks, excel with time constraints, and rapid turnaround situations
6) Proficient in MS Excel and Word. Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet is preferred; and
7) Strive to achieve effective performance within the team, working for the overall success of the company