Health Management Systems, Inc. Systems Administrator II - Backup/Storage in Irving, Texas
The Backup Administrator is responsible for selecting, implementing, supporting, maintaining and upgrading of the backup environment and datacenter functions. Applies the necessary technical expertise to adequately sustain and implement backup systems while communicating with peers, customers and leadership.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
* Collaborates and communicates with peers, customers and leaders of the health, capacity, patch level and overall status of systems.
* Provides technical recommendations and solutions for how to meet business problems.
* Configure, install, and manager data backups for applications and systems.
* Develop and ensure that restore procedures are configured and tested.
* Develops and follows change management documentation including back out plans.
* Documents system changes through change management, team process and procedures, configuration management databases and system diagrams.
* Collaborates and communicates with other IT groups to stay informed of changes and developments that may impact the production, QA, and development systems.
* Develop and maintain backup reports in order to satisfy audit requirements
* Backup/Recovery capacity planning
* Optimizes current processes and develops new processes as required.
* Assists in establishing performance metrics and measurement and reporting of established metrics. * Upgrades backup infrastructure and improve the backup and recovery performance using latest applicable techniques. * Provides level 2 or 3 support. * Maintain and develop new standards for technical backup and recovery procedures for all sites. * Makes recommendations for backup/recovery based on research in support of procurement efforts, when appropriate. * Assists with business continuity and disaster recovery planning. * Maintains and works in datacenter when necessary * Administers and implements security processes and procedures. * Changes tapes and works with vendor for offsite storage of tapes. * Documents policies, procedures and systems architecture.
* Average manual dexterity work in use of a PC, phone, sorting, filing and other office machines.
* Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and fluently in English.
* Travel as needed to remote office locations for training, implementation, and/or planning * Ability to analyze information and use logic and process to address work-related issues and problems. * Ability to troubleshoot with a group and be an active participant during large technology conversations. * Ability to be careful and thorough about detail. * Ability to function effectively under pressure and deadline oriented project demands aswell as manage multiple initiatives.
* Ability to meet deadlines. * Ability to multi-task and prioritize. * Ability to organize well. * Ability to perform oral presentations with good quality. * Ability to perform well in team environment, with staff at all levels, to achieve business goals. * Ability to troubleshoot existing applications. * Ability to think critically and work independently to meet objectives. * Ability to work proficiently with Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Working knowledge of HIPAA privacy and Security rules. * Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Required Education/Experience: * Associates Degree in a technical field or an additional year of experience * 3 yrs System Administration experience in a Linux and/or Windows environment * 3 yrs experience with backup software and methodologies * 1-2 yrs of enterprise IT tools and enterprise IT team experience * 1 yr of system documentation experience * Knowledge of backup tools and software with emphasis on NetBackup and CommVault * Knowledge of DataCenter functions * Experience maintaining datacenters
Title: Systems Administrator II - Backup/Storage
Requisition ID: 160010R8