Health Management Systems, Inc. Systems Administrator III - Citrix in Irving, Texas
TheSystems Administrator III - Citrix is Responsible for architecting, designing, selecting, implementing, supporting, maintaining and upgrading of the hardware and software of server and storage systems. Applies the necessary technical expertise to adequately sustain and implement server systems while communicating with peers, customers and leadership.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
* Collaborates and communicates with peers, customers and leaders of the health, capacity, patch level and overall status of systems.
* Architects and designs server systems to meet business and technical requirements.
* Recommends and develops technical roadmaps.
* Provides technical recommendations and solutions for how to meet business problems.
* Applies patches and upgrades for systems; performs system checkout and verification of change.
* Develops technology standards and automated system processes.
* Leads outage and incidents with multiple technology partners and participants.
* Implements new systems and retires older equipment.
* Develops and follows change management documentation including back out plans.
* Documents system changes through change management, team process and procedures, configuration management databases and system diagrams.
* Collaborates and communicates with other IT groups to stay informed of changes and developments that may impact the production, QA, and development systems.
* Optimizes current processes and develops new processes as required.
* Assists in establishing performance metrics and measurement and reporting of established metrics. * Provides level 2 or 3 support. * Writes technical specifications for purchase of hardware and systems software. * Makes recommendations for software/hardware based on research in support of procurement efforts, when appropriate. * Builds servers and new system implementation. * Troubleshoots network, storage, server, cabling, database, operating system and application elements of a system. * Acts as a liaison and advocates for systems and the tools, processes, and procedures necessary throughout the lifecycle of technology. * Administers and implements security processes and procedures. * Monitors the performance and availability of systems. * Documents and recommends policies, procedures and systems architecture.
* Average manual dexterity work in use of a PC, phone, sorting, filing and other office machines.
* Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and fluently in English.
* Travel as needed to remote office locations for training, implementation, and/or planning * Ability to analyze information and use logic and process to address work-related issues and problems. * Ability to troubleshoot with a group and be an active participant during large technology conversations. * Ability to be careful and thorough about detail. * Ability to function effectively under pressure and deadline oriented project demands as well as manage multiple initiatives.
* Ability to meet deadlines. * Ability to multi-task and prioritize. * Ability to organize well. * Ability to perform oral presentations with good quality. * Ability to perform well in team environment, with staff at all levels, to achieve business goals. * Ability to troubleshoot existing applications. * Ability to think critically and work independently to meet objectives. * Ability to work proficiently with Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Working knowledge of HIPAA privacy and Security rules. * Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Required Education & Experience * BS/BA Computer Science, Information Management or related degree or an additional 2 years of experience * 5 yrs experience working with Citrix XenApp required, 7.6 a plus * 3 yrs experience with backup software and methodologies * 5 yrs System Administration experience in a Windows environment * 5 yrs experience with Citrix XenServer, XenMobile, XenDesktop, NetScaler a plus * 1 yr of system documentation experience * 5 yrs of enterprise IT tools and enterprise IT team experience * 5 yrs patch management and vulnerability remediation * Experience working in virtual environments including VMware ESX and Citrix * In-depth knowledge of networking and TCP/IP protocol * Experience with creating and managing GPO’s * Experience with using SCCM to manage servers * Experience with managing O365 \ Exchange * Experience with PKI infrastructure * Experience with IIS * In-depth knowledge of DNS * Willingness to work in an on-call rotation
Title: Systems Administrator III - Citrix
Requisition ID: 160010QY